Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What do you wear for a daily watch?
Quote | Reply
Well my "daily wear" watch just broke. It was a Timex Ironman watch with the I-pod controls on it. I wore this watch daily, while on duty, and always in the pool. It was great to wear while biking and running too if I didn't feel like having my heart rate or gps. It gave me 2.5 good years, but alas, it is dead (band broke in half near the bezel and is not replaceable). Now I am looking for a new "daily wear" watch, and was wondering what you guys wear. So what is it?
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [WannabSpeedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Breitling SuperOcean. I wear it 24/7 for the past 3..in the pool, on the bike, running, tinkering on the car, having sex, it's always on my wrist.. Before this watch I wore a Tag in the same manner. That watch is still ticking away sitting on the nightstand. My HRM is strapped to the stem on my bike and has a dead battery...
Last edited by: bmleib: Feb 22, 10 15:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear a $20 Casio watch. I use the same watch in races too. I train with my Garmin 305, but have yet to use it in a triathlon.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Casio G-Shock. Solar powered and it syncs nightly with the atomic clock signal.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luminox Navy Seals standard dive watch with the tritium inserts. Can't beat it other than you have to cover it when you are sneaking and creaping.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre-triathlon, I would always wear a dress-watch, either my Tissot or my Tag-Heuer Link. Now I wear like a beater Timex Ironman near 24/7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
work/casual - Tag Heuer Link Chrono, with a stainless steel bracelet...gift from my wife when we got engaged. I'll probably wear this the rest of my life and give it to one of my kids when I die.

training - Timex Ironman (basic $40 model), Polar s625x or Garmin 305.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my choice when I am out there meeting all those apes swinging through the trees:

http://www.target.com/...=1&searchSize=30

I go through about 10 a year, since among all those chest-thumping primates I break or scratch up watches pretty regulary...

Quote | Reply
Tag Heuer automatic...been on since about 99 and been on my wrist for 5 or so IM races.

Others for "nice" things include Tag Kirium Auto, Carrera Auto and another Tag of some sort or other.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rolex Submariner I received as my college graduation gift in 1990. Great watch, doesn't keep great time.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just go w/ a $40-ish Timex Ironman all the time - work, training, swimming, whatever. Only take it off for a big stand-alone bike TT (I'm sure it saves at least 2 seconds worth of drag over 40k). I'm on my second one over probably at least 10 years, and have gone through a couple bands on each before the first body went totally kaput.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All that I've ever worn are Timex Ironman watches. They last for...FOREVER it seems! I beat the heck outta mine too. I've had them last about 5 years and I wear it every single day...it never leaves my wrist except to put my garmin on to train with. Don't veer away from Timex Ironman!

Carol Bedard
http://www.racesrmybag.com
Blog: http://blog.racesrmybag.com/

"If you could swim, bike and run and never get tired...why would you want to do anything else?"
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [Races R My Bag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
All that I've ever worn are Timex Ironman watches. They last for...FOREVER it seems! I beat the heck outta mine too. I've had them last about 5 years and I wear it every single day...it never leaves my wrist except to put my garmin on to train with. Don't veer away from Timex Ironman!

I agree, and I was the same way wearing mine day in and day out, except to maybe put on my 405 or a dress watch when occassions warrant. A quick hand to hand lesson last week, and now my watch is gone. Can't find the same ironman model around here (i liked this one because it was thin and fit under my uniform sleeves).

Cant afford most of the above mentioned "bling", and honestly, I would destroy it. So I think it may be off to ebay for another Timex. Although I just saw on the Timex page that they are coming out with a GPS model late this year. Might be interesting to see how they do against Garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a dress watch for everyday (waterproof and metal band though). Watches are the main piece of jewelry a man can wear, so get a nice one you can have for years.

I have a timex hrm for running/biking, since crashes always tend to f-up the watch (scratched face, broken band, etc.) and I'd rather not toast the nice watch.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never wear a watch unless training, then it's a Timex Ironman. Think I have had it for 6 years and it still works fine.

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [mtnvet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have several but right now I am wearing my fav a ernst benz automatic
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is my choice when I am out there meeting all those apes swinging through the trees:

http://www.target.com/...=1&searchSize=30

I go through about 10 a year, since among all those chest-thumping primates I break or scratch up watches pretty regulary...

At $14.99 per year, you are spending $150 per year.
A decent watch can be had for around $1,000 and you can keep it for you entire life.
14 years ago I bought a Tag Heuer, on sale, for $800. I still wear it today and get compliments.
That's money in the bank, over your lifetime, plus, when people look at you they won't think you are some Neanderthal.

Break down and buy a nice watch and it will last you a lifetime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph.

Would love to sell the damn thing and use as a good portion of a new TT bike, but too lazy to figure out shipping costs, take pictures, list on ebay (where I have no user rating) and then take a huge loss over what was paid for it so guess I will do as another poster suggested and keep it for my son someday - he likes shiny things.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chrissie wins because she trains really f'ing hard and races really f'ing hard and was blessed with a huge f'ing motor" Jordan Rapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An earlier model Timex Iron Man. It's probably almost a decade old but still keeps time like a Swiss clock. When/if it ever dies I'll get another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An Omega GMT Automatic, never take it off and put it through hell.

Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elaine: What time you got?

Kramer: Oh, no. I don't wear a watch.

Elaine: What do you do?

Kramer: Well, I tell time by the sun.

Elaine: How close do you get?

Kramer: Well, I can guess within an hour.

I have a clock in my vehicle, and on my phone. No need to wear a watch.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [Logan D Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Luminox Navy Seals standard dive watch with the tritium inserts. Can't beat it other than you have to cover it when you are sneaking and creaping.

Yes, I can beat it: I wear the same watch, but the stainless version with carbon fiber bezel ;-)

Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Watches are the main piece of jewelry a man can wear"

Not true dude. :-) And there can be more below the belt line.

Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one? http://www.usnavysealstore.com/...cts.asp?product=7597

Is it a good watch? I have a Swiss Army Chronograch that is terrific, but I find that it doesn't do a great job with the glowing at night... is it really luminous?
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear for a daily watch? [slmcknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. Get a nice watch that'll last. Where do you people work that you are able to wear Timex Ironmen watches all the time? Maybe the suit culture here has me jaded, but I only slap on a sports watch when I'm working out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next