Quote | Reply
What I asked for is this

and what I got is this

My fiance' needs more training ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lte modem and wireless router, nothing tri related as i own everything i want already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FAT...... I got fat Anna!! 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Osprey Raptor 10 hydration pack for Mtn Biking
Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid hiking boots
DU hoodie
2 hats
Spyder gloves
50 year old German Beer Stein and shot glasses

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A new iPad so I can stop stealing the wife’s computer for Zwifting. My old iPad wouldn’t support zwift...too old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EzyDog Road Runner Dog lead to run with my pretty well behaved dog hands-free (I hope; have not tested yet). A replacement Garmin HRM chest strap (elastic shot after about 2 years). Nathan bottle and waist harness that holds the bottle in the small of your back. Plenty of non-training stuff. But I did buy myself three new pairs of Zoot shoes from Shoebacca (with all the discounts, about $75 for all three pairs!). So many packages arriving over the last 2-3 weeks, spouse never noticed the giant Shoebacca box - or didn't ask about it!
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having already purchased the new Trek SC this year and prepaying our annual ski winter in Montana, the discretionary fund was heading in the same direction as the S&P 500 (not counting today's dead cat bounce). The wife said "let's not exchange gifts this year" but I know what that really means...

Some nice warm base layer stuff, new ski gloves and boot heaters for me.

New Oakley MIPS helmet for the Mrs.

Nice family gathering with a rack O' lamb dinner, no stress and ready for ski season. I've gained about 5 lbs but that only helps me ski faster.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An Apple watch! Looks like I have a replacement for my Vivoactive HR. It arrives on Friday, looking forward to trying it out for training w/Zwift and Training Peaks.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely nothing. We are going to China for 16 days in March so we are saving the money for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
A new iPad so I can stop stealing the wife’s computer for Zwifting. My old iPad wouldn’t support zwift...too old.

„We“ also got a new iPad, such that I get my peace and quiet at least with the old slow one.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Dec 27, 18 3:28
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In terms of gear, my wife got me a Premier Bike chain and some water botttles. I just registered for IM Norway and paid for six nights in the ‘host’ hotel - does that count as a Christmas present to me? Still need plane tickets and a bike box - leaning towards the VeloVault box currently.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Last edited by: natethomas: Dec 27, 18 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Showing my ignorance here, but what are those adaptor things hanging on the tree?
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
What I asked for is this

(earrings)

and what I got is this

(snowblower)

My wife will have nothing to do with snow whatsoever other than occasionally going outside. No snow blowing, no shoveling, zip. nada. It's all on me!

Oh, but she did get me a profile design svet V carbon base bar for my winter P2 upgrade project. So I'll give her a pass :)

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Dec 27, 18 3:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
Osprey Raptor 10 hydration pack for Mtn Biking
Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid hiking boots
DU hoodie
2 hats
Spyder gloves
50 year old German Beer Stein and shot glasses

Ooh nice boots. Some Beer Steins are very delicate and ornate, did yours come with a lid or did you go Munich Hofbräuhaus 2l style?

We were in Munich this past October and I didn’t buy one. My parents lived in Germany from 1968-1970 when my dad was stationed in Bamberg. They bought 2 of them then and have been sitting in a China cabinet ever since. Passed on to my wife and I now. The steins are very nice with ornate metal lids.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
Parkland wrote:

„We“ also got a new iPad, such that I get my peace and quiet at least with the old slow one.

It was like magic, whenever I was getting on the trainer and needed zwift she would need the computer for something else. Hopefully the iPad resolves this issue and leads to marital bliss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got 3 sets of LEGO, a lego table, and a play do barbershop. Well, technically the 3 year old got them, but let’s not kid ourselves :-)

The dog got duck/sweet potato treats and she’s eyeing the ham bone now. She’ll have to wait til the soup is done.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Dec 27, 18 6:16
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. these are anodized valve adaptors to pump Sclaverand ore Dunlop valves with Schrader pumps.

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the support of my family which is priceless. This sport is expensive and as long as I am able to pursue it with their support and am able to afford it, that is all the gift I need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a goal to have my manuscript completed by Christmas Day and made it with a few days to spare! It's a gift to every athlete that ever had the guts to toe an endurance start line! On the street in March, check out a sample of it at mikereilly.net

Happy New Year, we'll see you at the races!
Mike
Last edited by: IMVoice: Dec 27, 18 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [IMVoice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’’t get any triathlon gifts, but I did start counting calories on December 12th and lost 10 pounds. I’m very happy with the result. I couldn’t have received a better gift. I feel much stronger everywhere as well. Only 9 more to go!
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
What I asked for is this

and what I got is this

Wow you got a Husky and a KTM for Christmas, maybe it's a Honda! Your garage looks somewhat like mine, but mines all orange bikes with no Ducati. I know better, but I do have a modified 50cc 2 stroke moped that does 50MPH!

Oh yeah, I got a Garmin forerunner 235, sag checker, and a air pressure gauge.
Last edited by: summitt: Dec 27, 18 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have got new Cervelo R5 road bike! Yahoo!
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [driftin'by] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driftin'by wrote:
I got the support of my family which is priceless. This sport is expensive and as long as I am able to pursue it with their support and am able to afford it, that is all the gift I need.

This is so crucial and too often taken for granted or overlooked in the process. In previous years, people would ask what my husband got me for Christmas. My answer: Permission for next year's race season.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply

Prev Next