Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What did I do to my shoulder last night?!?
Quote | Reply
So, last night I'm on the trainer. Water bottles are on a table next to me. I reach over an grab one and suddenly my shoulder is killing me. Sharp pain like I never felt and I can't lift my arm over my head. I iced it for awhile. About two hours go by, and I'm in the same shape. Then, all of a sudden, it's gone! Like nothing happened. No ill-effects this morning at all. I didn't swim this morning to be safe, but I probably could have based on how I'm feeling now. So, any ideas on what happened and how it went away so fast?
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do to my shoulder last night?!? [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is a pinched nerve.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do to my shoulder last night?!? [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s called an internal derangement. It either happened at your neck or shoulder. Something there was temporarily out of place that created significant pain and loss in your range of motion. Yours self-reduced quite quickly, many times they end up in PT. Hallmark characteristics of this is rapid onset, pain, loss in range of motion at the joint and quick change (hopefully for the positive). You went through the whole process and cured yourself super fast... you must be a triathlete!
Quote Reply