Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an outback too and my bike fits nicely with one of the split seats folded down. I can still comfortably fit 3 people.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Assuming you can afford it, you should get the Tesla. Buy the future today. Gettng anything else would be like buying an aero road bike with a 10-speed group and rim brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an f-150 supercrew and it fits in the back seat no problemo. Just raise the bench seats up.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
my 2017 Mazda CX-5 - bikes fit without taking off front wheel

2015 CX-5 - fits 2 TT bikes, 2 suitcases, and a bunch of other wife shit that she needed for a week of vacation with IM chat in the middle. Wheels on all the time.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey of course this thread will elicit the tree hugger point of view that says it is easier to remove a front skewer and front wheel than slap seats down in a car...and of course there are roof racks, but I know a lot of you don't like those. I saw this as the guy who unsuccessfully tried to convince his family to get a VW eGolf even through there are still $14,000 of rebates on that Vehicle from the Ontario Govt until Mid Sep....my wife went for the Subaru Imprezza, so like Murphy's Law, I am stuck with my Jetta (not sport wagon but almost the same amount of room where I can just get my tiny 51cm road bike in with both wheels on). But I generally use my roof rack for the odd occaision when I have to take my bike places. I cannot put my 51cm tri bike in without removing wheels. Its just the way things work out with the aero extensions. But I just prefer the roof rack anyway. If I had no roof rack, skewer would come off. I will have to wait a few more years for the eGolf assuming VW does not discontinue that model.

The only downside of the eGolf is that it gets me from home to 50 km short of Lake Placid. This means that the next time I head over to ride with Murphy's Law, my eGolf would run out of range at around Tupper Lake and I would have to ride an extra 50 km before I meet him to only get hammered going up and down Whiteface....but hey, that's a good excuse for more riding miles LOL! It does get me from home to Mont Tremblant on one charge
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
'Assuming you can afford it, you should get the Tesla. Buy the future today. Gettng anything else would be like buying an aero road bike with a 10-speed group and rim brakes.

See my note about the eGolf. Which Tesla model are we talking about. For me small is not an issue it's just which e-vehicle I get next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Volvo V70, tri, 29’er and roadbike all fit
Peugeot 307sw (can leave one seat upright, two down), same

Medium sized bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can do that with my Honda Fit.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Lincoln is awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a suggestion from my own use-case traveling all over the place in a Honda accord. Both wheels had to come off but the whole bike stayed in the trunk, out of site from thieves and I never really had to worry about smash and grabs as a result. It was truly convenient.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2015 Subaru Outback - YES

Haven't tried a mountain bike, but my 59 road bike and Large BMC Time Machine (both with a bit of seatpost sticking out) fit fine with both wheels on with the back seats down. Bonus points for levers next to the hatch that fold those seats down.
Last edited by: dangle: Aug 18, 18 15:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My tri and road bikes fit well in my 2017 VW Golf Alltrack. The other cars I considered in which the bikes fit well were the Audi A5 Sportback and Audi A4 Allroad. I really liked the A5 Sportback but the deal on the Alltrack was too good to pass up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
My 2001 Audi A6 is on it's last legs and I am in the market for a replacement.

One of the things I appreciate about it, though, is, if I fold down the rear seats, my tri or road bike can fit in the trunk without taking off the front wheel. Remarkably, it's less of a hairdo than trying to fit one in to my wife's Toyota Highlander SUV.

In any case, I'm in the market for another car that can do the same.

Please respond with your make/model year and if:

Yes - the bike fits
or
No - doesn't fit (without taking off the front wheel, etc)

Thanks; hope this is helpful for others as well.

2016 Audi S6 here, my BMC TM01 fits just fine with the rear seats folded down

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [Ken W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken W wrote:
My tri and road bikes fit well in my 2017 VW Golf Alltrack. The other cars I considered in which the bikes fit well were the Audi A5 Sportback and Audi A4 Allroad. I really liked the A5 Sportback but the deal on the Alltrack was too good to pass up.

Holy cow, thanks for bringing up the A5 Sportback. That was not on my radar. Sweet car!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toyota Prius V. fits 2 bikes + 2 suitcases with the rear seats folded down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
Ken W wrote:

Holy cow, thanks for bringing up the A5 Sportback. That was not on my radar. Sweet car!

Definitely take it for a test drive and bring your bike along to see if it fits. My Felt B2 (size 54) fit well with the rear seats down and all wheels on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

See my note about the eGolf. Which Tesla model are we talking about. For me small is not an issue it's just which e-vehicle I get next.

I haven't seen a bike in the 3 yet, but that was a design consideration. You can sleep in the back of the S and 3 (look up Tesla car camping. You fold down the seats, set the climate control and watch the stars through the glass roof,as you doze off).

The Supercharger network is pretty much built out in the lower 48, so I can't think of where you couldn't go. I just drove across country last week. Lots of Tesla's out in the middle of nowhere Kansas.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Aug 19, 18 1:06
Quote | Reply
2101 Honda Crosstour - yes.

I'm sad that Honda stopped making these, but I'll try to find a newer used one when mine finally craps out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Logical next CAR (from your A6) - Audi A/S/RS7

Normal person's bike goes right in (wheels on).

340/450/560/605 horsepower. Good stuff.

Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mazda MX-5 - Don't even think about it :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What car did that gal in the 40 Year Old Virgin drive?
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
I have an f-150 supercrew and it fits in the back seat no problemo. Just raise the bench seats up.

Part of me really wishes I had gone the F-150 route :(
Quote Reply
Re: What cars can fit your bike in the trunk - without taking off the front wheel? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a Super Bee :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't own a car...

F-150 Limited SuperCrew - Bike fits in the back seat area or in the bed of the truck or on a hitch mounted rack
Ford Escape Titanum - with seats down bike goes in the rear with plenty of space for race gear and luggage for a short trip, also has a 2" receiver for bike rack
Quote Reply

Prev Next