Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What bike would you want for FREE?
Quote | Reply
Say I was going to "raffle" a frameset at my race (this is in the plans). Out of all of the folks who finish one winner would be chosen randomly to get a frame fork combo. What would YOU prefer (like I dont know the ST answer)

• Cervelo P3 Carbon
  • Kuota Kalibur
  • Felt Carbon
  • Elite Razor
  • Other?

The deal would be that the race paid for the frame and fork. The bike would be fitted properly and the proper size ordered by Mission Bay bicyles and built up. If the winner had a groupset they could pay Mission Bay to build it - if not the winner would purchase a groupset at what ever price Mission Bay was to set. FIST fitting would be included as part of the prize.

Note: bike companies - price is going to be a part of this. Please do not hesitate to contact me about the fine details of my raffle.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Jan 15, 07 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: What bike would you want for FREE? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2 Carbon..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of those listed: the P3 Carbon

Otherwise, the BMC Time Machine

Quote | Reply
Any one of yours that you don't mind giving me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt or Elite. Probably the Elite as it is not so common.

Slowtwitch Planet-X mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me personally, either the Razor or a QR Lucero

Quote | Reply
Scott, Planet-X or QR - other
or
P3

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P3 Carbon of course :)

Quote | Reply
Give away a bike of distinction: the Parlee TT

Quote | Reply
While I would love to dream about the possibilities, the reality is that many of us in the middle to the back of the pack would just love to have a tribike.

"Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guru Crono..

Tough times don't last, tough people do ;-)
Francois.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While a high-zoot frameset is an attractive prize (and my vote would be with cervelo) perhaps giving away several FIST sessions would have more benefit to more people or maybe 2 complete Duals (or QR/Felt equiv). As the poster above mentioned a large number of your audience would benefit most by having a tri bike that fit (obviously high end is nice but only helps one person) instead of their old road bike. Giving away a frame is good for the store who can make money on parts and build but it could be a burden for the recipient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P3C but then I won't be doing your race this year. I may be moving up to try the half iron distance next year though.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: What bike would you want for FREE? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Giving away a frame is good for the store who can make money on parts and build but it could be a burden for the recipient.
You have no idea how many times I have thought that. I need to figure this out - maybe I could have a Kuota Kalibur frameset - then the winner could get a Kredo with 105 or something. I know that I want to do this raffle style as it makes everyone feel like they may be a winner. Then there is the thought that not every frame fits every person....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd vote for the P3C.

One other note - you should waive the requirement that the winner actually be there to get their prize (not that you've stated your policy). it annoys me at races when myself or others are excluded from potentially fabulous prizes because i have to hit the road early, or i can't stomach the thought of standing in the sun for two hours waiting for announcements.

a properly fitted frame is an excellent prize.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike would you want for FREE? [Nipsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
One other note - you should waive the requirement that the winner actually be there to get their prize (not that you've stated your policy). it annoys me at races when myself or others are excluded from potentially fabulous prizes because i have to hit the road early, or i can't stomach the thought of standing in the sun for two hours waiting for announcements.
That would not work. If I was to expect Kuota to get me a frameset a cost I am sure that they would want me to have Kuota all over the place, and even give the bike away at the awards ceremony BEFORE the first prize trophy is given out. Marketing is marketing...forces that I have no control over. The more folks that are at the awards ceremony the happier the winner is...and the more exposure to the sponsors I can provide. I do need to give the sponsors their monies worth as well. With out sponsors there is no race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Giving away a frame is good for the store who can make money on parts and build but it could be a burden for the recipient.
You have no idea how many times I have thought that. I need to figure this out - maybe I could have a Kuota Kalibur frameset - then the winner could get a Kredo with 105 or something. I know that I want to do this raffle style as it makes everyone feel like they may be a winner. Then there is the thought that not every frame fits every person....

A good thing if you were using kuota is that the kalibur and k-factor fit very different types of riders so it could work out. Essentially you want to be able to give away a voucher for $xxxx but have a brand associated with it to allay the cost and make it more exciting - so a brand that can cover a range of riders would be best - starts to count in Elites favour since they do custom (and are made in USA which is something you can tout in the advertising).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
win a bike....felt s22....I am not greddy and just want a tri specific bike.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead of choosing the frame for the winner, how about a certificate where they could go to MB and get FISTed and find out which frame actually fits them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2007 Felt DA

In Reply To:
Say I was going to "raffle" a frameset at my race (this is in the plans). Out of all of the folks who finish one winner would be chosen randomly to get a frame fork combo. What would YOU prefer (like I dont know the ST answer)

• Cervelo P3 Carbon
  • Kuota Kalibur
  • Felt Carbon
  • Elite Razor
  • Other?

The deal would be that the race paid for the frame and fork. The bike would be fitted properly and the proper size ordered by Mission Bay bicyles and built up. If the winner had a groupset they could pay Mission Bay to build it - if not the winner would purchase a groupset at what ever price Mission Bay was to set. FIST fitting would be included as part of the prize.

Note: bike companies - price is going to be a part of this. Please do not hesitate to contact me about the fine details of my raffle.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elite of the listed. Otherwise, a Lynskey, Litespeed, Orbea or Aegis.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflex,
Redline 925

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calfee Bamboo.

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of the List.....
P3.
Other: