Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time?
Quote | Reply
For me I have to go

Trek speed concept gen2
Specialized Shiv TT- rim brake
And Cervelo p3c.......No specific order

The only caveat would be if we are are talking top 3 TT bikes then the Felt DA has to replace the P3C.

Your thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough to get it down to three. Today I'd go with these:

Pinarello Bollide TR+
Shiv TT Disc
Cube Aerium

Honorable mentions that I might put top 3 on any random day: Scott Plasma 6, Diamondback Andean, Dimond Marquise, and Look 796
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's tough and obviously very subjective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P3C - basically The bike standard for may pros and age groupers for a decade.

Softride - epitome of the tri-specific bike (honorable mention to the Zipp beam bike)

QR Superform - tri-specific geometry (vs, just putting aero bars on a road bike)

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even though I've never had one the P3C should be on the list. To me it seemed like it was the bike everything was benchmarked against.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. For those of us who started around that time it really is the quintessential triathlon bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
For me I have to go

Trek speed concept gen2

The only caveat would be if we are are talking top 3 TT bikes then the Felt DA has to replace the P3C.

Your thoughts

Beat me to it, though the P3C would probably have to be my choice for #1 and I would go with the nosecone version of the Shiv.

Now that I have though about it for another 15 seconds, I might be inclined to put the nosecone Highroad/Giant in there in place pf the Shiv. That really was a clean sheet of paper design from Simon Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
For me I have to go

Trek speed concept gen2

Your thoughts

I'm not up to speed on all these. Which years of each?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P3C was a major inflection point in bike design. Everyone's mind was blown the day that bike was released.

Softride's were iconic for a lot of years.

And the Cat Cheetah. Part of me still wants to own one.

Specialized and Trek? Puhleeeeze.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at all the titles they have
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the P3c and not the P2C? Yes, I'm partial to the p2c because I still ride it! But I recall when it was all the rage, in the LA area where I rode a lot with various clubs, I'd see like 5 p2cs for every 1 p3c.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'll go with:
1. Trek Speed Concept
2. Shiv TT
3. Canyon
4. Oops...Cervelo p5 Disc Black version
Last edited by: littlefoot: Jan 23, 21 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An early Quintana Roo for popularizing the steep seat geometry and to suck up to Dan.

Cervelo P3 for being the standard by which all tri bikes were measured for over a decade.

Zipp 2001 or the Cheetah. Probably Cheetah.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh wow I was going to go with QR Superform, softride and P3SL (Aluminium)

Titanflexr wrote:
Cervelo P3C - basically The bike standard for may pros and age groupers for a decade.

Softride - epitome of the tri-specific bike (honorable mention to the Zipp beam bike)

QR Superform - tri-specific geometry (vs, just putting aero bars on a road bike)
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess just the mental aspect of it being the tip of the spear at the time but not much different between the two
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed concept and Argon e118.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Why the P3c and not the P2C? Yes, I'm partial to the p2c because I still ride it! But I recall when it was all the rage, in the LA area where I rode a lot with various clubs, I'd see like 5 p2cs for every 1 p3c.

The P3 was the innovative bike, and the P2 was the more conventional, affordable offering. The P2 was plenty fast (all the treads about CW's wins on it), but it was the "Ultegra" to the P3's "DuraAce" (there are a LOT more Ultegra bikes out on the road than DA).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No order:

Specialized Shiv (rim) for innovation
Cervelo P2 for accessibility/everyman factor
Canyon Speedmax (newest) for being the coolest :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha that’s a good analogy that I agree with with the p2c as Ultegra and the p3 as dura ace.

I’m still rocking my 2008 p2c original dura ace 10 speed group!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorites would be

1. Cervelo P3c (i'm obviously biased here)
2. Natascha Badmann's CAT Cheetah
3. Zipp 2001
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a worst three? While there are some absolutely stunning bikes available to ride, some people choose to buy and ride these. Just my opinion, but man...

1. TriRig Omni
2. Ventum One
3. Diamonback Andean
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really like the ventum or Andean too much, I actually think the omni looks like a pretty sweet bike.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fletch_boy wrote:
How about a worst three? While there are some absolutely stunning bikes available to ride, some people choose to buy and ride these. Just my opinion, but man...

1. TriRig Omni
2. Ventum One
3. Diamonback Andean
I won't comment on the first there cause I'm clearly biased, buuuut have you seen this Andean yet? Honestly one of the best looking tri bikes I've ever seen.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still not a fan of the shape of the bike, buuuuut damn I like what they have done with the paint.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your top 3 triathlon bike's of all time? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m less anti Andean since Weiss no longer rides one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next