Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What are you racing for the rest of 2020?
Quote | Reply
Adapt and conquer. With Lubbock cancelled and NY Marathon cancelled, I think mass gathering racing is dead for 2020. What are you going to set your sights on now?

For me, I think it’s local mountain bike racing, ultra trail running and Zwift racing. Some local race directors are also starting up do-it-on-your-own time trial racing that may be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [Ice789] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was actually the onus of this piece: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...g_Your_Own_7693.html

For myself, I'll do another one of these rides in a few weeks, then probably do a bunch of trail and gravel running. If we get CX in the fall, it sounds like it'll be Enduro / time trial format.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ice789 wrote:
Adapt and conquer. With Lubbock cancelled and NY Marathon cancelled, I think mass gathering racing is dead for 2020. What are you going to set your sights on now?

For me, I think it’s local mountain bike racing, ultra trail running and Zwift racing. Some local race directors are also starting up do-it-on-your-own time trial racing that may be fun.

You understand there are other countries in the world other than the USA?

I got a duathlon in 6 weeks, 70.3 in October and a 70.3 in December.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair to the OP, our audience is US heavy.

Also, IM Lake Placid also just hit the bricks, and we're nowhere near a place where it's reasonably foreseeable that mass gatherings will happen in 2020.

We've completely fucked up our response to COVID with re-opening too early. There might be racing elsewhere in the world this year, but I find it incredibly doubtful it'll happen much of anywhere in the US now.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Ultraman Arizona in November. I know Arizona is a hot bed right now, but UM is a much smaller event than most races and could fit under a lot of the mass gathering requirements.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironfan wrote:
I have Ultraman Arizona in November. I know Arizona is a hot bed right now, but UM is a much smaller event than most races and could fit under a lot of the mass gathering requirements.

>.
The folks at the Badwater 135 have sent out confirmation that they will go ahead with the race in a couple of weeks time. That has slightly more numbers (athletes plus crew) than Ultraman Arizona but is obviously in a very isolated area. It will be interesting to see if any of the late season Ultra-tris go ahead this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lately, I've been going after KOM's - currently have just under 50 in the last six weeks or so. I did a bike focus for around 10 weeks, averaging around 350 miles a week. I'm back 'down' to 275 mpw and am switching gears towards doing a fall 50k run on some local trails near where I live. There is a race that is still scheduled in early October, but I'm thinking I'll just be doing my own thing for the 50k. The reach goal is around 4 hours, but I've never run longer than a marathon. The terrain I'm planning to run isn't all that technical, but trail running just seems slower than road running in general. I did a run on the trails I'm planning to do about ten days ago and nearly fell six times, catching my toes on roots and rocks - I'll definitely want to adjust my running a bit for 50k on the trails.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably just bike races, like the Driveway series crit I did last week in Austin. Smaller fields are welcome on stuff like that to me anyways. Hoping MTB racing gets back going soon too.

Once I decided a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to do Lubbock (still thought it would ultimately get cancelled), I made the call to not worry about swimming until I have a tri on the schedule within a couple of months. Right now the only tri I'm registered for is Galveston 2021 due to the deferral of 2020. Not having to spend time on swimming has been wonderful for my everyday life. And the stress that comes with the hassle of getting to the gym has not been missed.

So anyway, right now I'm just worrying about cycling fitness. Running a little bit here and there, mainly with my wife who is still rehabbing a torn labrum. Run volume will go up as she progresses, but will still just be focused on making gains on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you liking the Crit racing?
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

I know. Us Australians can be insecure from time to time. Just acknowledge us every now and again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muncie 70.3 on July 11th.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like Crit City and Laguardia on zwift.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Novice/cat 4 races are terrible. Bad bike handling and nobody knows how to “race”

Cat 3/4 races are loads of fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My main racing is getting my puppy to be better trained than any of the other puppies in the neighborhood (N=11). So far with 1-2h of daily training, in short 5-15 min sessions she's leaps and bounds above most of the other puppies except for that muthafugging Pomeranian/Aussie Shepard (that dog is super fluffy, soft and may be the cutest puppy ever) mix who's owner does zero training with him. That dog was just born super well trained. Why? Why did such a cute and well behaved dog move into my hood?

I'm also racing to build up my bourbon collection, problem is bottles keep disappearing as fast as I add to it. IDK what's happening? Where's all the bourbon going? \_O_/
Add a bottle & still at 11 bottles. Not sure why I can't seem to get to a dozen bottles? Help!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMAZ hopefully. If not I guess I'll be happy with slowly building up my volume to where I'm comfortable training 13 hrs/week with my schedule and losing this 30 after 30.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those of stateside are just jealous that your Government and population did a good job with COVID and can resume more normal life while we are without racing for the foreseeable future. I'm planning to learn about Aus-NZ rugby rivalries.

For the OP: I'm riding solo and gravel and running some. I overdid it and have a very tight R hip now. Just in time the pool reopened so I can insert swimming for some running and riding

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'm also racing to build up my bourbon collection, problem is bottles keep disappearing as fast as I add to it. IDK what's happening? Where's all the bourbon going? \_O_/
Add a bottle & still at 11 bottles. Not sure why I can't seem to get to a dozen bottles? Help!

11 bottles is not a collection - that's your "overstock of your favorite"

I buy my favorite few flavors by the case and keep a full case of back-up of my favorite. My next few favorites, I keep 2-3 back-up bottles. (buy a case, when it get down to 2 or 3 bottles, buy a new case) Any-time one of the others gets below 1/2 full, I buy a new one.

The only exception is Pappy which I can only get 1 bottle in the fall at a reasonable cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fly by night is still on (Labor Day weekend) as is Cazenovia Tri (late Aug)

Hoping and planning for both,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
We've completely fucked up our response to COVID with re-opening too early. There might be racing elsewhere in the world this year, but I find it incredibly doubtful it'll happen much of anywhere in the US now.

I think this is almost right. I wouldn't be surprised if things like cyclocross races, or other small niche events, go on as planned given that you can separate the fields before start, require preregistration and once racing has begun it breaks up really fast. I would also expect some mountain bike racing to return as well for the same reasons
Last edited by: jhammond: Jun 25, 20 8:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am signed up for DQ Events...yep thats cancelled

I am going to do...IMLP was just cancelled

70.3 worlds...done for.

I think I am going to be racing against my BMI for most of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

I know. Us Australians can be insecure from time to time. Just acknowledge us every now and again!

Props to you for standing up to the Chinese. Us Canadians need to do that. I am looking forward to going to Walla Walla for my exchange student's 21st birthday next year. Apparently it is a thing in Australia.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping for cyclocross, but not too confident it will happen.

If not only virtual racing this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- a 40k TT under 54 min (still trying to map out the best route near me with minimal turns and stop signs)

- complete a local Strava hill climb segment in under 25 minutes (5.2 miles long with 1700 feet of climbing). Slowly improving each time I have taken a crack this year and missed it by less than 30 seconds on my last attempt

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: What are you racing for the rest of 2020? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
desert dude wrote:

11 bottles is not a collection - that's your "overstock of your favorite"

I buy my favorite few flavors by the case and keep a full case of back-up of my favorite. My next few favorites, I keep 2-3 back-up bottles. (buy a case, when it get down to 2 or 3 bottles, buy a new case) Any-time one of the others gets below 1/2 full, I buy a new one.

The only exception is Pappy which I can only get 1 bottle in the fall at a reasonable cost.

If they are all different/unique I would tend to disagree, as my rule of thumb is "Ten of anything is a collection"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Continue training for the 2021 (or 2022 if I can't go next year) Maxi-Race France.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 30, 20 13:26
Quote Reply

Prev Next