Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What are some random snacks you like to take during rides?
Quote | Reply
I personally love cosmic brownies, 290 calories per serving, 44gr of carbs, 2gr protein and 12gr fat.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [subsubsubelite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Payday bars, not 100% sure of the exact calorie nutrient breakdown, I just know it's plenty.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [subsubsubelite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like savory FeedZone type rice cakes. Its a bit of faffing around once a week or so making/packaging a batch. But, I'm not big on sweet stuff while riding....and much prefer salty/savory.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long do they take to make? Been wanting to try them out for a while now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frozen Uncrustables
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My go to is uncrustables. Always peanut butter and honey. Freeze them and they're thawed out by the time you eat them. Kind of works like an ice pack for a little while.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
1 sandwich (52g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g
14%
Saturated Fat 2.5g
12%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
0%
Sodium 220mg
10%
Total Carbohydrate 20g
7%
Dietary Fiber 2g
8%
Total Sugars 4g
Incl 2g of Added Sugars
4%
Protein 7g
7%
Vitamin D 0mcg
0%
Calcium 31mg
2%
Iron 1mg
6%
Potassium 145mg
4%
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
Payday bars, not 100% sure of the exact calorie nutrient breakdown, I just know it's plenty.

Paydays (the bite-size version) were part of my fueling strategy for my first full. Sugar, fats and salt in one handy snack.

Trader Joe's/Daelmans mini stroopwaffels are a current staple.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [Grahamsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the uncrustables. They are fantastic on long, zone 2 rides.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe an hour tops, once a week. Basically, cook the rice, plus scrambled eggs or whatever. Mix it all together in a large bowl. Divide into portions, shape, wrap, and freeze or refrigerate.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:

Payday and almond snickers have brought me back on my last 100mi here in Florida with all the salt, sugar, and fat.
Also tropicana apple juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
Oh yeah, I just pulled out one of my King Size bars from my stash. "Three servings per container", so when you eat an entire bar on your ride.....

450 Calories
24 grams of fat
- 4.5 grams of saturated fat
No cholesterol
225 mg of sodium
12% of your iron DV
48 grams of carbs
- 3 grams of fiber
- 36 grams of sugar
12 grams of protein
6% of your calcium and potassium DV

The best energy bar ever, very tasty. Throw in some chocolate milk at a gas station shop, and I can go all day with a couple of these.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dates and rice cakes work well for me. Sometimes i'll bring snickers or pop tarts as a pick me up on my longer 5+ hour rides. Lara bars are a good prepackaged snack that's a lot cheaper than "race nutrition" products.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [cjones2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a bunch of little square individually wrapped maple almond snickers on clearance a few months back and bought the lot, not looking forward to them running out.
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorites right now are Untapped raspberry waffles and a few times a year on long rides we do baked potatoes wrapped in foil. The baked potatoes are great. Bake them in the morning and if you are lucky you wont burn yourself through your jersey pocket. Fig newtons are the other old school ride feed.
Last edited by: endosch2: Jun 30, 20 9:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fig Newtons. Great on their own during a ride, but those and a Coke will get me going again no matter how bad I've bonked...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [cjones2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjones2 wrote:
Payday and almond snickers have brought me back on my last 100mi here in Florida with all the salt, sugar, and fat.
Also tropicana apple juice

Don't the snickers turn into a melty mess in the FL heat?
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
I really like savory FeedZone type rice cakes. Its a bit of faffing around once a week or so making/packaging a batch. But, I'm not big on sweet stuff while riding....and much prefer salty/savory.

I've taken the peanut butter and Jelly Rice cakes before. And love the Denver Ommelet rice cakes. Didn't like the FeedZone Waffles that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like stuff that doesn't get melty . . . oatmeal raisin cookies are a good one.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For longer endurance rides, I love Kirkland Cashew Clusters from Costco. Basically small squares of nuts, pumpkin speeds, and Honey. Super condensed and easy to eat on the move, and pack a lot of calories. A two pound bag is like $15, which is a hell of a deal.

I also really like Nature's Bakery Fig bars on more race pace or sweetspot rides. They come in 2 small bars per pack, each with 100 calories, 10g sugar, and 20g carbs. I find that eating 2 bars (1 pack) per hour can sustain me for a long time at race intensities. They are very easy for my body to digest, and the ingredients are very clean for a prepackaged bar. The blueberry are my favorite flavor, though I really like the Raspberry too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trader Joe's ABC bars (almond butter cocoa). 6 for $2.99, 160 cal, 8g fat/19g carb (6 sugar)/4g protein. Oat base to the bar, doesn't melt, easily digestible and pretty tasty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some years ago--never mind how long precisely-- D'Wife and I were on our annual bike tour for MS. D'Wife is not very good at working her jersey pockets, so it is usually my job to schelp the snacks around for the both of us. This entails stocking up pretty well at the rest stops along the way, and stuffing my pockets more than they were probably meant to carry: snack bars, cookies, chips, pretzels, Tastykakes ... you get the idea

At some point on the road, she asked me to hand a protein bar or something over to her. I sat up, reached back, fumbled around until I found what she wanted and handed it over.

Some dude riding up behind me said "Looks like you got a whole Wawa back there"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hostess fruit pies

400 calories for about a dollar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had about 5 BBQ ribs in tinfoil in the fridge. Was doing a gravel ride. At them overlooking a viewpoint. Was amazing. Would recommend
Quote Reply
Re: What are some random snacks you like to take during rides? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a very gravelly thing to do.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next