Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What a Move By Lance (Spoiler)
Quote | Reply
Incredible. That's why he is a 7x Tour winner. Now he has put himself in a great position for 8.
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Incredible. That's why he is a 7x Tour winner. Now he has put himself in a great position for 8.

he summoned up the winds himself, too

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is amazing how many guys have missed the move. I don't understand how Alberto missed this one.
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is amazing how many guys have missed the move. I don't understand how Alberto missed this one.
Agreed. Majorly poor move by Contador, the Schleck brothers, Cadel Evans and a bunch of others.

Cancellara will sit in yellow for several more days, though.
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Rahzel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
armstrong could get the yellow jersey tomorrow... if this group finish with 30s... armstrong in front of contador at GC.

Can you imagine the TTT. Contador was thinking to get the yellow jersey... instead he have to ride hard tomorrow for armstrong!!!!
Last edited by: alex_emetique: Jul 6, 09 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same as Valverde did at the Vuelta last year....In year's past Lance did this to Mayo on the cobbles, but never to his own teammate....WOW!

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
armstrong could get the yellow jersey tomorrow... if this group finish with 30s... armstrong in front of contador at GC.
Ahh yes, you're right. If Astana puts in a good TTT tomorrow, anything is possible!
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40 seconds!
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a great Lance fan, but just what did he do to his teammate? It looks to me like a bunch of folks missed a break they should have made. Leipheimer included.

That said, remember last year? I think most of us thought that Frank Shleck was going to win. But Sastre was holding back and Frank was giving his all for the team. How'd that work? Sastre won.

I think Contador is the leader and still wins.

Anybody else think Astana is smart enough to fan the flames of discontent to provide the competition with a false sense of strength. I believe they've done this before. Remember "The Look"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats gonna be one interesting team dinner tonight! I can feel the tension from here.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Old age & treachery beats youth & exuberance every time.

JJ

Every night that I run, the thought crosses my mind that there's no way in hell I'll still be running a month from now.
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you should change the title thread. People aren't gonna be happy with it.

It gives away way too much information.

-----------------------------------
team website: http://snappletriteam.com/

team blog: http://snappletriteam.com/?page_id=10
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [jsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

JJ
There are still three weeks left...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's Lance?

Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Mr. Pants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

JJ
There are still three weeks left...
Yea but it's still funny as hell.

JJ

Every night that I run, the thought crosses my mind that there's no way in hell I'll still be running a month from now.
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance did what he needed to do and ultimately it won't matter b/c Lance can't climb like Contador, but maybe this is the feel good moment of the Tour...Of course, if it is not part of a grand plan, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Astana dinner table.

What I found interesting was that Lance took "his guys" Popo and Zubledia with him in the break and no one else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how come levi wasn't among 'his guys' in that break? it's a great tactic for astana to make that move as lance jumps ahead in the gc. now they have two major threats (maybe 3 with kloden?) for the other teams to worry about. not to mention that it forced the peloton to chase while the rest of astana could sit in and not burn any energy.

also lost in the lance hysteria is yet another pronominal day of racing by columbia. those guys rock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 still not sure how contenders got caught napping. Evans just lost his shot...again (yes there are 3 weeks, but he is about to lose another minute tomorrow)
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was thinking along the same lines, is it possible it was a team call that Lance covers this break as Astana is that confident in what Contador can do later in the hills.....also I am fairly to new to being a cycling fan (really the last 6-7 years or so) but it seems to me from a team performance perspective, wouldn't it be good to have 2 people in contention in case of a mishap or simply on the principle that competition drives excellence? Anyway you slice it, I am indifferent about Lance as far as being a fan but he is making this race very interesting to follow and a few more smart/strong moves over this tour and I will be routing for him.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What I found interesting was that Lance took "his guys" Popo and Zubledia with him in the break and no one else.

That's funny...I thought I heard Armstrong say yesterday that his "dedicated helper" was Rast? I think it was just chance that those guys were there with him...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was today one of the "No Radio" days?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
how come levi wasn't among 'his guys' in that break?

Because when Levi moves, Alberto is probably smart enough to move up with him. I don't think Levi has a chance of winning, so why bring him along if it is going to bring Alberto as well?
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess Levi isnt' once of Lance's guys, but that's my guess. In year's past USPS/Disco would be all together and ready at a moments notice to pounce on a move much like today. Didn't happen, which makes me raise an eyebrow.

Either way, good stuff.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I found interesting was that Lance took "his guys" Popo and Zubledia with him in the break and no one else. \\\[/url]

What??? Nobody takes anybody with them..Have you never done a bike race?? It was all about positioning at the critical moment, and if you were caught out, that was it. No one took anyone with them, each guy had to work hard to stay on the Hincapie train, and once it was established it was going to suceed, it was a smart move to move the Astana guys into the rotation to get some valuable time on the other teams. They had the 3 guys they needed for the overall team standings, and now they will most likely get the yellow tomorrow, and have 4 guys in the top 7 or 8, all GC contenders. WHat more could you ask for at this stage of the race, it was brilliant...
Quote Reply
Re: What a Move By Lance (Spoiler) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I realize it's great print fodder to turn this into a internal battle I think the reality is far less dramatic. I see this as a huge day for Astana. None of the people in that group were big time threats so now it just gives the team even more strength and options in the overall. Win Win for them. Alberto is still going to be the man as soon as they get to the big climbs but think how much attention the tour and Astana is going to get if they can put Lance in Yellow tomorrow. They should be happy on all fronts
Quote Reply

Prev Next