Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What Year of Reynolds Carbon Strikes are These?
Quote | Reply
http://www.bikenashbar.com/ProductDisplay?storeId=10053&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&productId=7000000000000011874&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=retargeting&cm_mmc=display-_-criteo-_-retargeting-_-may2013&CA_6C15C=400006960000171410

They are 66MM without much information about the year of manufacture. Are they a year to be avoided? Thanks!

-Sam
Quote Reply
Re: What Year of Reynolds Carbon Strikes are These? [psirus7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look to be 2012/13ish. Good wheels and the Ctg brake track is excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what year they are, but they are definitely the older style. 20mm external width and I can't remember the internal on those 15mm? Less? They definitely do not lend themselves to wider tires. I have a set of the Assaults from around 2009. They're shorter than the Strikes, but have the same width. They're on a 2004 Litespeed Ultimate. A 25mm GP4000iiS rubs, but the Litespeed has a very short (sub 40cm) chain stay.

The Strikes are decent wheels and that's a great price. If you can afford it, for just under $1100, I'd go with the Hed Jet 6+ at Competitive Cyclist. They're wider (25mm external), have a rounded edge and an aluminum brake track (if you prefer that).

Full disclosure, I recently bought the Jet 6+ disc wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: What Year of Reynolds Carbon Strikes are These? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
They look to be 2012/13ish. Good wheels and the Ctg brake track is excellent.

Looks right to me. I have Reynolds Strikes that look exactly the same and I bought them in 2013 I think. Still use them today and they've been through a few crashes. Good bang for buck if you ask me.
Quote Reply
Re: What Year of Reynolds Carbon Strikes are These? [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swirl lip generator was added in 2014 along with the wider profile.
These wheels were current up until they went tubeless compatible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the replies! I think I'll hold off for some FLO carbons or Hed Jets so I can run a 25mm tire as they're not too much more expensive. Cheers.

-Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use 25mm tires on those Reynolds wheels.
Quote Reply