Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick?
Quote | Reply
If you could own one road and one TT bike from a Tour de France team which would you choose and why?

and no saying "I would pick Peter Sagan/Chris F's bikes..etc" so I could sell it and buy more bikes.

I would go with a Chris Froome style Pinarello Bolide TT bike & a Directo Energie Wilier Cento10 in that wonderful yellow.

Link for guide
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di-Data's Cervelo P5.

And I guess the new annondale SystemSix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC TMR01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
If you could own one road and one TT bike from a Tour de France team which would you choose and why?

and no saying "I would pick Peter Sagan/Chris F's bikes..etc" so I could sell it and buy more bikes.

I would go with a Chris Froome style Pinarello Bolide TT bike & a Directo Energie Wilier Cento10 in that wonderful yellow.

Link for guide

I’ll pick both Pinarellos. If the new *EDIT* Venge came with a rim brake option, I’d pick that and the Bolide TT with custom 3D printed Ti bars. Other wise the Tarmac.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jul 17, 18 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like a kid in a candy shop

Roadie- like above if the tarmac had rim brakes I’d be on it. Otherwise I’d take a madone

Tt- bollide with custom 3d printed bars for sure. Otherwise prob a speed concept because I could use that more as a pack horse for tris

My fav tt bike was the white and red Spartacus bike several years ago
https://goo.gl/images/QE6XBL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Bike: either the new Venge or the new Madone.
TT Bike: either the Pinarello Bolide (first choice) or a Speed Concept (second choice... and I own one, great bike).
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tarmac does come with rim brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road bike? The 1998 Bianchi Team Mercatone Uno, obviously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Trek-Segafredo Madone, and the BMC TimeMachine. Both are beautiful bikes.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The disc T-S Madone with the red chrome logos that Toms Skujins was on in the break the other day.

The new Wilier Turbine Disc that Direct Energie was on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are all just bikes made in a factory in Taiwan with a nice paint job and pretty well the same components. In essence they are all the same for the task at hand.

This is like asking if I want to buy Mo Farah's running shoes or Phelps' bathing suit. All of these are just tools to do the sport. They make no difference at the level because it's a wash. Any bike I get will be obsolete in a few years. The actual activity will live on. So it's a don't care.

It's interesting because runners and swimmers would never have an equivalent question. Same with XC skiers where in theory the skis can make a difference, but everyone knows all the skis are fast. Speedskaters really don't care since all the skates and skinsuits are the same.

We ask the question in cycling, because there is this material accumulation angle (like getting a nicer car or house). I bet you if you take Mark Allen with his body from 1993 on his bike from 1993 and just give him the wheels from 2018, he can come off the bike in the group with Frodo and him and Frodo can then put on whatever running shoes they want (it makes no diff) and drag race to a 2:40 marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Lance's original Tour winning ride and I am still riding mine 18 years later!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd pick the Pinarello road and TT bikes because of the threaded bottom brackets!
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
They are all just bikes made in a factory in Taiwan with a nice paint job and pretty well the same components. In essence they are all the same for the task at hand.

This is like asking if I want to buy Mo Farah's running shoes or Phelps' bathing suit. All of these are just tools to do the sport. They make no difference at the level because it's a wash. Any bike I get will be obsolete in a few years. The actual activity will live on. So it's a don't care.

It's interesting because runners and swimmers would never have an equivalent question. Same with XC skiers where in theory the skis can make a difference, but everyone knows all the skis are fast. Speedskaters really don't care since all the skates and skinsuits are the same.

We ask the question in cycling, because there is this material accumulation angle (like getting a nicer car or house). I bet you if you take Mark Allen with his body from 1993 on his bike from 1993 and just give him the wheels from 2018, he can come off the bike in the group with Frodo and him and Frodo can then put on whatever running shoes they want (it makes no diff) and drag race to a 2:40 marathon.
thats the spirit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UAE’s Colnago C64 when they ride them..handmade, lugged..a beauty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New madone with rim brakes and speed concept.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Same.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. Whenever I explain to people that my choice for buying 105 kit I try to explain that it's equal or better than groupos that won the TdF just a few years ago.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Link for guide

I’ll pick both Pinarellos. If the new Tarmac came with a rim brake option, I’d pick that and the Bolide TT with custom 3D printed Ti bars.

The new Tarmac comes in rim and disc versions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Longest non-answer.
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
Longest non-answer.
Pretty sure it was answered straight forward
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting theory. I'm thinking if they came off the bike together, Mark would win that battle. He would "will it" to happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Andres wrote:
Longest non-answer.
Pretty sure it was answered straight forward

My reading comprehension isn’t the greatest, so it is possible I missed it.

Maybe it’s my ADD...

I’ll answer the question:

- Road: The Factor O2 Chpt3 bike
- TT: The Factor Slick
Quote Reply
Re: What TDF Team Bikes Would You Pick? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
stevej wrote:

Same.

x3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lotto Jumbo's Bianchi Oltre XR4.

Just because I think it's pretty.
Quote Reply

Prev Next