Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What Happened to Rinny
Quote | Reply
I saw on social media that Mirinda Carfrae was going to race IM 70.3 Santa Cruz. As I have a couple friends I was tracking for that race on IM Tracker, I looked to see where Rinny was situated after the swim. The IM Tracker showed her swim time as 41 minutes and change. A short time later the tracker showed her as having not started the race yet. In the end the tracker reflected DNS. Does anyone have any idea what's the scoop? Her and T.O. have been silent on social media since the race.

Just curious, as I like them both and have found them to be really nice people.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [weakandpuny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, something's up.

I saw Rinny rack her bike on Saturday. She did have a disc rear wheel on there - would have been a tough ride for a woman her size, in that wind.

So during the run, she and Tim were sitting on a park bench on Delaware Ave (near Natural Bridges Park), cheering us all!!! Tim had an orthopedic boot on his left foot/leg. I said "what happened"? He just gave us the 'IDK' arm gesture and smiled.

I'm sure it'll be a full episode of Tim & Rinny on Youtube, soon...
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [Johnny_G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rinny was running on the trail along West Cliff (running or flying, unclear), but clearly not racing. Not sure what was up either!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The day before the race she was out running and tripped and went down, possible broken elbow but that isn't confirmed. Hope she is alright and will still be toeing the line in Kona next month.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
The day before the race she was out running and tripped and went down, possible broken elbow but that isn't confirmed. Hope she is alright and will still be toeing the line in Kona next month.

I would be curious if, even with their high level of sponsorship $$, if they would break even on $$ with their Kona trip with just Rinny racing. They would both be going, so Tim could obviously take care of the kid and not rely on a nanny but cost is super high.
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that for athletes with their profile it's worth the sponsors $$$ just to have them there for PR, booth events, etc.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:

Just curious, how reliable is your source? We stayed in the same hotel as them and crossed paths in the lobby later Sunday evening, she didn't have any kind of wrap around her arm, nor any indication something had happened (I also saw her running as I was finishing my bike leg, she was running fine with both arms untreated/uncovered/undamaged) and to the other poster, Tim wasn't wearing anything around any foot, he was walking normally. They were going out for dinner, it seemed. We didn't chat, just a friendly nod and pass. I had seen Rinny the day before the race taking her disc wheel somewhere, I had assumed some mechanical issue kept her from racing.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was second hand info but the source was pretty reliable.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we'll have to hit that subscribe button and tune into the next episode of the Tim & Rinny show to find out..... oh and don't forget to leave a like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Mike Plumb wrote:

Just curious, how reliable is your source? We stayed in the same hotel as them and crossed paths in the lobby later Sunday evening, she didn't have any kind of wrap around her arm, nor any indication something had happened (I also saw her running as I was finishing my bike leg, she was running fine with both arms untreated/uncovered/undamaged) and to the other poster, Tim wasn't wearing anything around any foot, he was walking normally. They were going out for dinner, it seemed. We didn't chat, just a friendly nod and pass. I had seen Rinny the day before the race taking her disc wheel somewhere, I had assumed some mechanical issue kept her from racing.

Hopefully they are both ok. They don’t have too many more bites at the apple. Can’t imagine a bike mechanical kept her from starting.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of their sponsors shared post race that she broke her elbow and Tim is injured. They were on a bench with Izzy cheering people on during the race

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
One of their sponsors shared post race that she broke her elbow and Tim is injured. They were on a bench with Izzy cheering people on during the race

Wow, that really sucks, guess it isn't bad enough to require a sling. Will miss them both at Kona...

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sponsor was it? I can't seem to find any info about it, but as previously stated they have been silent since the race. Also, it seems unlikely that Tim would travel to Santa Cruz if he were healthy, I would have assumed he'd be back in Boulder doing the finishing touches on his prep before the Julie Dibens athletes head to Kansas for their final Kona prep.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjc166 wrote:
I guess we'll have to hit that subscribe button and tune into the next episode of the Tim & Rinny show to find out..... oh and don't forget to leave a like.

I actually sent a text to Talbot to ask what’s up there, and if another episode was coming(he is the one that posted his cell), and after asking who it was cause he has a new phone, he never answered back....

So....like the sands through and hour glass...
Last edited by: Culley22: Sep 10, 19 23:57
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
sjc166 wrote:

I actually sent a text to Talbot to ask what’s up there, and if another episode was coming(he is the one that posted his cell), and after asking who it was cause he has a new phone, he never answered back....

That's hilarious 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rinny posted a short video of her running in Kansas. Talbot is filming an episode of Tim and Rinny Show this week.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow you're good! I just got here an hour or so ago! :)

Boomer Sooner! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you can prompt Rinny to clear up this mystery for us.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
sjc166 wrote:

They never did a Santa Rosa post-race video either and there's been an abnormally long gap since their last video. I asked Talbot when we could expect it in another thread and no response
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She just posted to her IG that she's prepping for Kona in Lawrence (with Tim and the Dibbo crew, presumably), so I imagine she's fine. Maybe just some race day issue in Santa Cruz.
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [andrewhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewhtx wrote:
She just posted to her IG that she's prepping for Kona in Lawrence (with Tim and the Dibbo crew, presumably), so I imagine she's fine. Maybe just some race day issue in Santa Cruz.

Then I bring back my theory of a bike/wheel issue! I am actually suspecting this even more now given the long silence on the matter. She can't exactly just say that the brands that sponsor here failed badly enough to cause her to miss a race.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's in Lawrence filming now, so either this or next week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

Please link us
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtpeBE1WMc

Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to Rinny [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtpeBE1WMc

That was painful to watch. What a bummer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next