Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What Bib/Culotte are you using on longer aero days?
Quote | Reply
In this case, probably mostly a male issue, but it´s winter time here, longer days outside in the thicker bibs with bigger pads just makes up for sore crotch area/junk on rides 3-4h+. We used to have the triathlon specific shorts/tights, but I am all out, and only using cycling bibs nowadays.

Good brands and models recommendations appreciated! Anything with very light pad would be nice. Like in our summer-time tri-suits. TIA
Last edited by: Mulen: Feb 5, 23 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: What Bib/Culotte are you using on longer aero days? [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m a real fan of Gore brand bibs. They also usually have a wind proof patch in the front to keep you from refrigerating your bits. The pads are superb, but this is so individual that what I like you might loathe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a set from position one. It's a company run by dan kennison, same guy behind premier tactical. They're not cheap, but I'm happy so far. Definitely more comfortable than anything I've tried so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Position One is going to be next on my purchase list. Knowing some of the folks behind designing them, a lot of thought went into comfort in aero position. Also the only shorts I’ve ever seen that have a model specifically for the aero position

Re: What Bib/Culotte are you using on longer aero days? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suppose THIS is what we have in scope here, right?

With shipping to Spain, that sets me back 180 euros + import taxes :) Looks really nice
Last edited by: Mulen: Feb 5, 23 21:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Suppose THIS is what we have in scope here, right?

With shipping to Spain, that sets me back 180 euros + import taxes :) Looks really nice

Considering one poster recently purchased that brand and the other one plans to purchase that brand - I’m not sure that equates to a good recommendation (yet).

Personally, the two brands I’ve not had issue fee experiences with over multiple years are Castelli (obviously more pricey) and DHB (low cost end).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I can help in any way please PM me.

Here is an article about the products: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...addle_Pain_8538.html

Here is a forum thread: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g=dkennison#p7874076

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: Feb 6, 23 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: What Bib/Culotte are you using on longer aero days? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Appreciate your answer and I wish you all the best. Shelling out almost 200 USD for a tri-shorts shipped from the US is a bit too much TBH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought some bibs from Primal Wear. I didn't expect much as I had not heard of them, and they were discounted heavily. But I have been really surprised by them. The "cargo" bibs are great during the winter when you're not so concerned with temp and needs extra pockets. The chamois are good quality and the fabric overall is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get your initial sticker shock… but the sad state is that $200 is solidly mid-range pricing for non shorts these days. Entry level options seem to be around $140, and I tried a pair of Rapha shorts on the other day that were like $275….

I think ultimately if you’re looking for a good pair of shorts that are going to last you a long time and will be good for long rides, you’re going to end up in the $200+ range anyways - that’s where most mid tier offerings from Castelli, Rapha, Pearl Izumi, etc all tend to be. Yeah - there are cheaper options. But entry level shorts are often aimed at entry level riders, and long days in aero isn’t exactly entry level riding.

Re: What Bib/Culotte are you using on longer aero days? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I struggled with cheap Amazon bibs and saw someone suggest assos on here as the best. I bit the bullet and bought some of their high end fall bibs, and it was eye opening. They weren't cheap, but they are extremely comfortable, amazingly so. I now consider a good set of bibs for cycling (ie around $200 or more) as essential as decent running shoes is to running.

And fwiw they I had a pretty good wreck while wearing them and they gave me a good for a brand new pair. No questions asked, just sent them some photos and explained what happened. Great customer service
Quote Reply