Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's your dream bike..??
Quote | Reply
If money was no object what bike would you be riding or what would you build up?

I would probably have a Trek TT frame or Look KG486 with Dura-ace, Zipp 909 wheels, Profile Carbon-X bars and all the best in carbon seat post, bottle cages etc.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
486 eh? these should make you happy:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream bike is what I am riding right now

48cm Cervelo P3 stealth black dura ace 9spd/azoto saddle

Hed3d disk, zipp 404 front wheel

Hed aerobars

Profile Carbon crank w/ speedplay x1

polar-s710 powermeter/computer

BUT.....

I wouldnt mind having a Lotus 110sport setup with the above, IF they made them with a steaper swat angle, and made the frame in smaller sizes.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread would be a lot better if people posted pictures soooooo...

But replace with PD Carbon X (instead of the two piece thing they have on there),

Or: a Softride Rocket SE (too lazy to get picture)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P9. No idea what it will look like, but by 2020 I think it will be pretty cool.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gerard is a P4 around the corner? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.... since you indicate the P9 will be ready by 2020 and the P3 has been around for a few years now, you've got P4 -P8 to crank out every 2 or 3 years to get to the P9 :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream bike is only available to my store, sold in every size and geometry, is perpetually in stock for immediate delivery, costs me $10 and sells for $4500 dollars with zero discounts available (want a saddle upgrade? $100 ma'am). Oh, That's Felt! silly me.....:)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since Gerard and Co. have seen fit to finally offer custom paint options in conjunction with HotTubes, my dream bike starts with a 52cm 700 P3. Hang a Wolf fork on the front end, topped by my favorite bars, the Profile Carbon X. Paint scheme for frame, bars, and fork is based on a Marine Corps WWII F4U corsair ( I won't talk about the little details cause I don't want to give my ideas away! But no, its not a direct copy of the Larssyn frame on the website. I've been waiting for this idea to be attainable for a long time. Thanks Gerard). Components are DA with the exception of Profile QS2 levers. Oh, what the hell, throw on the FSA Pro Team Issue carbon cranks. Training wheels are Spinergy X-aero lites w/Michelin rubber, simply the most comfortable wheels I've ever trained on. Race wheels are Zipp 404, rear laced w/PowerTap Pro hub, w/Conti GP rubber. Nokon cable systems. Aspide Triathon saddle. Shimano SPD-SL pedals. Zip bottle cage.

Yeah, lots of people have a P3. Lots of people want them. So what. Lots of people win on them too! Besides, the custom paint makes it uniquely mine. Oh, and the best thing about this dream is that it will begin its journey to reality this week when I get the check from the insurance company for my crumpled Saber!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gerard is a P4 around the corner? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply].... since you indicate the P9 will be ready by 2020 and the P3 has been around for a few years now, you've got P4 -P8 to crank out every 2 or 3 years to get to the P9 :)[/reply]

Just checked around the corner, no P4 in sight, just a Hottubes painted P3. I realize that it would be a tough pace to get to P9 by 2020, but that's part of my dream; for Phil and myself to be able to focus 100% on design.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gerard is a P4 around the corner? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this mean I can get my old black P3 repainted and you will let Hottubes put the logo back on it?

Art
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If money were no object? I still would be riding what I have under me for training right now...oops, take that back, I'd go for the SL Talon instead of the regular Talon. For racing, I'd still be on my Yaqui Carbo.

Certainly, there are more exotic bikes out there, and much more expensive ones. But as far as comfort and performance, I don't know if I could do much better. I'd take the extra money and visit exotic places to race and train rather than spend it on a more expensive bike.

It's the same with watches, disc wheels, HR monitors, etc. I could afford something other than a plastic Timex Ironman watch, a Renn disc, or a basic Polar HR monitor, but, what's the point? I know what time it is, I can mark intervals for workouts or pacing, and I know what my HR is....fancier would just be fancier, not necessarily better.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anything. don't care if it doesn't fit. don't care about color. don't care about what the frame is made of. anyting another than the walmart "mountain bike" i am destroying right now.

if money no object (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!) titan flex with 2004 dura ace, spinergy xaero wheels, speed play zero pedals, avocet tires, sella san marco Azoto, aero seat post, hed aero bars.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Top this --} [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Okay, I start out with the Lotus 110 Carbon sport bikeframe. Custom paint it to look like an old WWII fighter plane with the face on it. (Though mine would be more realistic and have an angry gopher for a face.) For the fork I would probably go with either the new Oval Fork because it's cool, or see if I could run with the original Monoblade fork from lotus. Of course it's painted to match. Now I put on a pair of custom made Vision Techs. (Hey, money's no object so I'm sure I could swing this.) Next, I'd want the little Profile Design Brake knob to put on it. (I don't know what it's called.) Azoto Apside Triathlon Saddle. A nice behind the saddle drinking system, probably a custom painted NeverReach system. No I'm going to Dress it up with the new Dura Ace ten speed drivetrain (Assuming it'll fit back there.) I'd probably use Blackwell carbon cranks, though I'd settle for some FSA. Either way though it has to have the Dura Ace Lance Armstrong chainring in chrome. For wheels, run the new Zipp dimple disc and a Nimble Crosswind on the front. Both with another custom matching paint job. Some Titanium scewers and bolts wil be nice. Tires are still a little debatable. I'd probably go with whatever matches the paint job.
And because this is my dream bike it also comes with an RV for getting to the races, a new home with a bike shop in it, and several Super Model girlfriends to help cheer me on. There, money's no object.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am riding my dream tri bike: Corima Fox with Giant carbon fork, Renn disc rear, Nimble Fly rear for windy days and very hilly races, Lew Sydney front, Campy Delta brake (front), Sweet Wings crank, Bartol System, Bici Pidasso aero bar on Nitto base bar, Campy carbon brake levers, Profile UPS shifter, Flite Evolution saddle, Cat Carbon Bikes bottle holder. The only things I would switch is the rear brake (Cat USA for the Ultegra), and get that tasty Bartol Rear mech instead of the Dura Ace one. I would not mind if I could get the original carbon finish on that puppy, and I would entertain switching the fork for a Look HSC 3 or a Wolf. But- it is a dream in progress. See the pic (mind you, before the Lew, the Giant fork, and the Campy Delta brake) at www.timetrial.org.

Road bike is getting there: GT Course 853 with a Look HSC 3 fork, 9 Speed Shimano drivetrain, downtube shifters, Campy aero/non-aero brake levers, and same race wheelset that the Fox uses (Lew front, Nimble rear). I am going to get the Kestrel drop bar to allow the use of shorties, and get some better cranks than I have (I have 8 speed 105 right now), as well as sort out the seat post and get a Flite Evolution saddle.

BUT- there's always a pie in the sky dream bike: road- Mandaric scandium Frankenbike with Campy Record (Tiso rear mech and other parts), or go for broke and get a Mandaric 753 (lugs!!!!) with downtube shifters and a set of Campy Hyperion wheels and Campy Record (with Tiso parts as mentioned above).

Pie in the sky tri bike? Lotus Sport 110 with Mavic Zap drive train, Bartol System, Mavic I/O front wheel, Renn disc, Zipp, Hooker or Campy Delta brakes and Hooker aerobars. Okay, one more: Zipp 3001 with Zipp brakes, Renn disc and Zipp 3000 front wheel with ITM Rominger bars and Lotus Fork. Okay, one more: Cheetah with their conventional fork and handlebar (ala Badmann), Twist-grip brake levers (ala Badmann), Renn disc and ADA wheels, Cat Carbon Bikes carbon crank, 9 Grip Shift, and Bartol System.

I better get a bigger hutch...
Last edited by: bunnyman: Jun 28, 03 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While it is not overly exotic, I think my next bike will be a pegoretti palosanto w/ DA. My wife test rode a Giant composite today (the ounce edition) that I'm trying to get her to buy. My buddy, the LBS man, owns it and really doesn't ride it at all, probably has 200 miles on it. I suspect he'll sell it to me with DA for 1,500 or so. While it won't technically be my bike, it is a bike I've wanted for myself and it "could" be my size should she end up not riding much. That certainly would be a shame . . .
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where on timetrail.org is your bike?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gerard is a P4 around the corner? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Does this mean I can get my old black P3 repainted and you will let Hottubes put the logo back on it?
[/reply]

Yes, we've had a repaint service of old frames for years (through ClassAct), but if you want something fancy then Hottubes can do that too. You just have to deal with the fact that it will take sometime, between the shipping both ways, the stripping of old paint and the new paint (the latter is actually a fairly quick proces).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Gerard- OK, maybe no P4 around the corner, but will the 2004 P3's have DA 10 speed? That would be pretty darn close to my dream bike, with the new Hed bars, Renn Disk, Hed Alps front wheel, and Speedplay Zero Titanium's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I contact ClassAct?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gerard is a P4 around the corner? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I didn't want to hijack this thread, so I'll respond to the P3 questions in another posting and let's get back to dreambikes.

For me, if it can't be a Cervelo, I would have to say the street version of the Project 96 Superbike II. I've only seen it once, at Interbike 96, but it was the most beautiful, simplified, purpose-built TT bike I've ever seen. Unfortunately it was never used as all athletes who did the TT in Atlanta had other sponsor obligations.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
photo gallery
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Bunny where is your bike? I looked on timetrial link but only saw Larsen wins RAAM result, wow that's one fast guy, apparetnly he's won the 2004 RAAM as well, now that's what I call fast!!

Anyone know the name of the Profile Design brake knobs Gopha is on about? I've only seen them on Peter Ried's Trek (not even on the PD website) but they are really neat (neat as in tidy!).

Julian in England.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://pnavy.com/...l/Bike-Gallery/bunny

Those were the Profile Quick Stops. You may even find them at the Tri U.K. bike shop in Yeovil, as they may have a pair left.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DUDE!!!

That's my dream bike (for road). My LBS has one with Campy Record gruppo and no price tag (if you have to ask...)

My dream TT would be a Cheetah (for those looking for trick brake knobs, Cat has something sweet http://www.catbikes.ch/).

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: What's your dream bike..?? [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those "brake knobs" are twist grip brakes that cost over $750. They only work with the Magura brakes. Rudi will happily make you a pair if you're ordering a Cheetah...
Quote Reply

Prev Next