Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's wrong with this picture?
Quote | Reply
Ok, there really isn't a picture but I was just looking through some geometries and overall height vs. frame size. I'm 5' 8" and ride a 54 road bike. I tried to get on a 51 once and heck no it won't fit. On a 54, I barely clear the top tube(shorter leg, longer torso?). I rode a P2C last season and was "fitted" on a 54. This was done at a "tri bike". The quoted terms are those of the bike store's claims. It was comfortable but it could also because I don't know better. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of my previous position or I would post it.

Anyways, Johnnyo posted his Orbea for sale. 5'9 and riding a 51. In fact, a few others are also at 5'9 but ride a 51. What gives? Are they just more aggressively positioned and so fit better on a 51?(crunched up to minimize total area, more flexibility, etc.) Or am I just fitted wrongly? My inseam is about 30.5 without shoes. What's up?
Quote Reply
Re: What's wrong with this picture? [IzzyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam, and my last bike (2007 Trek E7. size 54) was to large/long for me. Being the same size as you I would have to believe that we are better suited for a 51 or 52. I have an aggressive position on my Titanflex now (much closer to 51 than 54) and it's a much better fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long torso needs long top tube.

Yes, depending upon your ratio, the stand over might be an issue.

Compact Geo to the rescue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm 5'9" and ride a 54 felt with a shortish stem. everyone's different so i wouldn't panic. People do seem to usually go from bigger to smaller bikes, rather than the other way around.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to either one or both of these sites and put in your measuements then check with the manufacturer's website for the bike measurements. That should help in finding the right size frame for you.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/...FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

http://www.wrenchscience.com/Store.aspx?stylecode=R
(choose fit system)

~Tucker

Shop at: TriSports.com

"Stick to the facts man, they are good enough, no need to go making stuff up." - STP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, like lifeguard Steve, am 5'8" with a 30" inseam and ride a 51" Cervelo Dual. Fits me fine:

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply