Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet?
Quote | Reply

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he?? I haven't checked cyclingnews.com yet today.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW!!!!
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12213.0.html

Will he throw others under the bus?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what don't i know? c'mon, gerard, gimme the link!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
classy. That guy made alot of money for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow.

finally someone (basso) has the guts to say, "yes, i did it".

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whose name will he give up first?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No offence, but I wonder if you'd be posting this if he were still a CSC rider? Or did you and Riis know something we didn't know?
Last edited by: GearGrinder: May 7, 07 8:00
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [Lookout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His dog's, of course.

Mike D
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gosh, I wonder why he ins't a CSC rider anymore?

It's not how you start, it's how you finish
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [DaveGA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blah blah blah,

Basso has agreed to collaborate with CONI - possibly in exchange for a one year ban vs. 2 years. Gazzetta is speculating that Basso could start the 2008 Giro if he colaborates and tells everything about his involvement with CONI.

It concludes with:

LA FEDERAZIONE - "Ivan ha fatto esattamente quello che tutti chiedevano a Pantani e che Marco non fece: ora, ve lo chiedo a nome del ciclismo, non lasciate solo Ivan Basso". Il presidente della Federciclismo, Renato Di Rocco, ha appreso con soddisfazione gli sviluppi della vicenda relativa all'Operacion Puerto

Which basically says - Ivan has done exactly what we asked Pantani and what Marco would not do. Now we will see in the name of cycling; not only Ivan Basso. The president of the Cycling Federation, Renato Di Rocco has learned with satisfaction about the developments of the offerings in relation to Operation Puerto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever is said, and a lot will be, this is sad, truly sad. Yes he cheated and yes he got caught, but to see someone fall from grace so quickly is sad. Of course, we'll never know how high he could've or would've climbed without cheating. Sad really, very sad.

I'm gonna ride today and suggest we all do the same.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [vo3 max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I am not sure how you would know that, but you might be surprised. Overall he may have cost people more money than he has made them, but regardless, that's not the point. I am glad somebody finally jumped across and collaborates. Doesn't change my opinion about him, but this is probably a more significant development in the whole Puerto affair than the past six months of nothing.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guts? it took him almost a year to confess.
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [vo3 max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"That guy made alot of money for you."

I disagree, he made a lot of money for himself by signing the best contract he could which came from Riis. If someone made a lot of money for Cervelo it was the collaboration of the Cervelo owners and Riis to enter into an agreement and then Riis assembling a top notch team to compete.
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tell you what - Riis better be calling his lawyer RIGHT NOW and he better start worrying about what Basso is going to tell CONI.

I hope Basso does what even David Millar would not do and start naming the names of everyone involved in the doping process that he worked with. I hope the UCI doesn't fuck up his involvment and willingness to confess by pushing for a 2 year ban or even longer.

It's time to start trading less time for full disclosure since it's about time the federations REALLY committ to cleaning up the sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a shame--he may have been a great champion and fun to watch.

At the end of the day, though...his sister is still hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I am not sure how you would know that, but you might be surprised. Overall he may have cost people more money than he has made them, but regardless, that's not the point. I am glad somebody finally jumped across and collaborates. Doesn't change my opinion about him, but this is probably a more significant development in the whole Puerto affair than the past six months of nothing.

I guess the secret "Widows and Orphans" fund wasn't big enough to keep Basso's mouth shut. :-)

First question for Basso: What did Bjarne Riis know and when did he know it?
Last edited by: Trevor S: May 7, 07 8:09
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [deechee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 year is better than 'never'.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I think in the long term this will be good for cycling. When enough of the big stars fall, hopefully the message will get across. I would think that the other doping riders are no longer thinking "it won't happen to me."

(Not that we'll ever know, but) If yourself and Riis knew that he was involved, and if that is the reason that CSC refused to keep him on, then good for CSC and everyone associated with them.

Hopefully we'll have another clean tour (cleaner than last years) and maybe things will be up in the air and exciting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man his dog and sister are screwed!

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, this affair took place when he was, no escaping from that. In fact, if he hadn't been a CSC rider at the time, I wouldn't have posted it. I would presume (and hope) they take away the Giro win, which means they take away our first Giro win as well. Not exactly something that makes my day, but I haven't been happy about that Giro win for a while now so it's not a major adjustment. It is what it is.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: What's up, no "Basso confesses and collaborates with prosecutors" thread yet? [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riis has his own problems from his telkom days.

wonder if Jan will help now...
Quote Reply

Prev Next