Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's the weight on the Renn 650 Tubie?
Quote | Reply
Renn only has the weight for the 700c tubular on the site. Any of you proud Renn owners know the weight of the 650 off-hand? Thinkin I'll be getting me one for next season............

sweet
Quote Reply
Re: What's the weight on the Renn 650 Tubie? [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 700c again, so I don't remember the weight of the 650 tub I used to have. I would say that it is roughly 50-100 grams off (conservatively guessing) of the weight of a 700c tubular. My 700c tubular weighs 1195 grams, sans sticker, tyre, cassette, and skewer.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the weight on the Renn 650 Tubie? [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 650 tubie weighs in at 1100 grams plus or minus 15 grams.

frank
Quote Reply
How is the Renn disc? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I consider buying a Renn disc? How do you like it? Do you use it for all your races? Any disadvantages?

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: How is the Renn disc? [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had bought one of Frank's first offerings in September of 2001. I admit, when I saw the ad with the price, I was not expecting much. I opened the box and was surprised at what I saw. It was beautifully finished, the hub felt smooth, it was light, and was true in the stand.

I have owned a lot of the composite wheels over the years. My old Zipp disc barely beat the Renn on the scale (mind the Zipp is from '92 or '93), and the Renn disc was much smoother. The trueness is not a joke-some wheels that I have purchased cost twice as much and were not true. Frank says that the latest ones are even better as far as trueness is concerned.

Dealing with Frank has been no less than a wonderful experience. He answers his phone, and always calls back when you leave him a message. When he thought that his first generation discs had bad glue, he asked me to send him the old one and I got one with the better glue in return. He has been the most wonderful manufacturer of wheels I have ever dealt with, for certain.

I race every race that discs are legal with it. My times have improved without spending boat loads of money. I would only skip the disc if you're talking double-digit grade climbs that are miles long, but one would only want to use fly weight equipment (i.e. road bike with Spinachi) in a race with a bike leg in the mountains.

Buy this disc. You will NOT be disappointed.
Last edited by: bunnyman: Jan 10, 03 4:22
Quote Reply
Re: How is the Renn disc? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the good 'review'. I think I will go for a Renn disc.

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem.

With the way the world only rants about what is bad, I want to spread good news, as well. And this is one of the good things going these days.

Enjoy your disc.
Quote Reply
Re: User by Noon [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunnyman,

You are on a roll this morning...you'll be a user by noon!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Naw, maybe by Sunday [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have to get ready for work in a minute. But the term "novice" is one I wish to get rid of. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: No smiley face award[bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunny,

I became a "user" this morning, due to a very long thread below. However, even my highly vaulted, long awaited, highly prized, much envied user status has not allowed me the privilege of reaching the holy grail of figuring out how to post smiley faces :-(!

Have a good day!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felix,

I used a Renn 650 disk at all of my races last year, both hilly and flat, hot, cold, windy and rainy and was very happy with it. I think even on the hilly courses like Powerman Alabama and Wildflower Oly that I did last year it was an advantage to have it. I plan on using it at every race again this year. You'd have to spend at least twice as much to maybe get a disk wheel that is as good as a Renn.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply