Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's going on at Ebay? More bike scams?
Quote | Reply
I remember a few months ago when there were people who were listing high end bikes on Ebay for cheap. We all disclosed this scam, which was always by people with no feedback that couldn't even speak...well, type English.

Well, just for fun, I went to Ebay to see who was selling any Litespeed's (even though I have no interest in getting another 'Speed) and I see what looks like the same scams, but this time from people who have plenty of positive feedback.

One guy had a picture of a Vortex with Shimano, but described it as Campy 10.

Another person says I can get any size Vortex with full DA for $2300...And they have over 500 positive feedbacks.

Another person (or maybe it was one of the above, I can't remember) listed the Vortex as being hand assembled in Italy.

Again, I have no interest in getting another bike, so I don't want to take the time to e-mail them all (Since I can spend that valuable time here on Slowtwitch).

Anybody have any insight as to what's going on here?

And Dan, on a side note, are you ever going to fill us in as to what happened to the sting to bust the people that were trying to buy the components from you?

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: What's going on at Ebay? More bike scams? [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read something about this scam a few weeks ago.

It is possible to steal someone's identity on Ebay if they provide you with a password, which apparently plenty of folks were dupped into doing not so long ago via a bogus (yet offical looking) email from Ebay.

Caveat Emptor
Quote Reply