Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit tear help...how big is too big?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I have a 2 inch semi circular tear in my wetsuit. It doesn't go all the way through. I have seen that you can purchase a resin for wetsuits to seal the tear together. Does anyone know how big of a tear is too big to repair? I have also read about patch kits but don't know very much about it. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks.
Last edited by: Beachbum1: Nov 22, 19 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit tear help...how big is too big? [Beachbum1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachbum1 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 2 inch semi circular tear in my wetsuit. It doesn't go all the way through. I have seen that you can purchase a resin for wetsuits to seal the tear together. Does anyone know how big of a tear is too big to repair? I have also read about patch kits but don't know very much about it. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks.
The worst thing that's going to happen is a little water leaks in. I spent 2 years racing in a wetsuit that by the end had literally 2 dozen dime to quarter sized tears in it. I stopped bothering trying to seal them. Aquaseal works okay for some of the tears but you could always take it to a local scuba place and they'd probably be able to fix it up much better.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachbum1 wrote:
Hi All,

I have repaired some very big holes in my wetsuits over the years. The following Upholstery thread is what I have used to sew them back together. I have had no problems with the thread holding and lasting. Still use black neoprene wetsuit glue over the top of the threads once sewn and that will lock things down further.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 2" cut can easily be repaired with Aquaseal or other wetsuit cements. You can use Ironmend in addition if the jersey material is damaged, or to relieve stress in the area of the tear.

Any local surf shop can also do the repair (judging from your uname that you have some local shops).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply