Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit in a Pool
Quote | Reply
I just purchased my first wetsuit and would love to try it out but was wondering about using it in my local pool. What are your opinions on using it if you rinse it afterwards?
Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in a Pool [wazafatass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't be a problem. I've used my QR in the pool a few times without any problems. Just make sure to rinse it off good with fresh water and don't use it too many times in the pool. I just used it in the pool to get a feel for the water with it.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it once, just to get a feel for a new suit. Didn't hurt it. People did look at me funny though.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it with my De Soto before the first time I used it and before the first race of the next season. Rinse it well.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in a Pool [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clorine is pretty hard on the rubber, that is why everyone says rinse rinse. The LC pool I swim at has pretty cold water in winter, so I do wear mine maybe once a month or so and haven't noticed any problems, but like it was stated, rinse the heck out of it each time, no exceptions.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by slimjim [ In reply to ]
Re: Wetsuit in a Pool [slimjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Point. The competitiion pool at the Rose Bowl is pretty cool and I still have to let in the pool water every couple of laps to cool down.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit in a Pool [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't wear the wetsuit in the pool.

The chlorine eats away at it. If you must try it out, I would go and find some fresh water to swim in on the weekend.

You could always just stop putting chlorine in the pool and wait until it starts turning green though. LOL

:)

Canadian Triathlete.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't do it if you want it to last! Your new wetsuit will be a old wetsuit FAST.

Train safe Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't think about it unless the pool is <70 degrees and has no chlorine.

Plus you'll look like a total dork trying to bring swim suit fashions to a new level of conservatism. :-)
Quote Reply