Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit for the pool
Quote | Reply
hi I am a swimmer and I have problems with practices in outdoor pools because the temperature often goes to the low 70s. I was thinking of getting a general thin wetsuit, but I heard that they degrade in chlorine. Is there a wetsuit designed for pool use? And also I am not sure which size to get. I am 5'10'' 130 lbs small frame male.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit for the pool [biomonky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim in a year round outdoor pool and one thing that I have noticed is that some of the thinner, less insulated swimmers wear a Desoto T1, DOS or Tres top for swimming when the weather gets cold. The water temp at our pool is pretty stable so once we're in it's not too bad in the winter.

Not sure how good that is for the top though. You might want to call Emilio and ask him, he is always receptive to questions.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
In the past when doing swim training in the sea and not having my wetsuit, I have just used a surf top - just like windsurfers and boarders do. This was sufficient to keep me warm and didn't interfere with my stroke. I have even used it for 'splash and dash' races and done the run in it.

Cheers,
dt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot Im getting a desoto dos t1 the sleeveless one, Its just what i have been looking for.
Quote Reply