Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit Repair
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a good cement for wetsuit repair? I searched but all the recommendations I've found are unavailable. Anyone recently buy cement and had good luck with it? FWIW, this on a Roka Maverick X wetsuit.

Thanks

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Repair [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I repaired my armpits once and had good results... iron on patch on the inside and cement on the outside... let me go look for my cement.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Seal Cement in the past with good results

https://www.amazon.com/...-Black/dp/B008YL8MXO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Witch glue; designed for neoprene.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good cement for wetsuit repair? I searched but all the recommendations I've found are unavailable. Anyone recently buy cement and had good luck with it? FWIW, this on a Roka Maverick X wetsuit.

Thanks

Yes I can third the black witch cement - ie. Neoprene contact cement, but you don't need that huge container, this tube does the job. I have had the same tube for about 7 years now and repair my wetsuits about once a year. If you are just patching a fingernail it will do the job. If it goes all the way thru the jersey then you also need to stich that up with some upholstery thread. Oh and it says fast acting, but still let it glue overnight at the very least. I usually let it dry a couple of days before I move it or use it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Oct 29, 18 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Repair [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
stevej wrote:

Thanks

Yes I can third the black witch cement - ie. Neoprene contact cement, but you don't need that huge container, this tube does the job. I have had the same tube for about 7 years now and repair my wetsuits about once a year. If you are just patching a fingernail it will do the job. If it goes all the way thru the jersey then you also need to stich that up with some upholstery thread.

My old Orca 3.8 is about 40% Black Witch now I think. In fact, that stuff is so good that I've thought about forgoing a wetsuit altogether and just buying a few boxes of Black Witch, and coating myself before the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Repair [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
stevej wrote:

Thanks

Yes I can third the black witch cement - ie. Neoprene contact cement, but you don't need that huge container, this tube does the job. I have had the same tube for about 7 years now and repair my wetsuits about once a year. If you are just patching a fingernail it will do the job. If it goes all the way thru the jersey then you also need to stich that up with some upholstery thread.

My old Orca 3.8 is about 40% Black Witch now I think. In fact, that stuff is so good that I've thought about forgoing a wetsuit altogether and just buying a few boxes of Black Witch, and coating myself before the swim.

I got some very torn up wetsuits myself. Really can't sell them. Explaining there has been 20 tears but all patched up doesn't do much for the resale value I find.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply