Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [TashaSkippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TashaSkippy wrote:
M Ernst wrote:
You wrote: "I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned. "
It is so easy to talk smack anonymously in an online forum when that is no possible way to carry out such a treat. You're a fucking coward as far as I'm concerned.

If he had done this to 2 of the cyclists I ride with sometimes, there is a good chance he would be dead too. His response was as classless and out of line as any I have seen on this forum in 15 years of lurking and being a registered user. Incredibly disturbing. And disappointing.

Well, I'm sorry to have disappointed, and apparently shocked, so many people with my "illogical posts" but i guess i just have too much feeling for dogs.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have done the same.......so there are two of us!

But then again I still believe this whole story is BS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:

Have you ever had a dog??? Do you know dogs just like to chase things and bark when they're excited??? If you had stopped right after hitting the small dog, the bigger dog would come right up to you but I very much doubt that he would have attacked you. He probably would've just wagged his tail and barked. You run over someone's dog, you stop and apologize. If this dog had been mine, I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned.

Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
I have, it fucking hurts!

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Last edited by: Anth: Sep 5, 16 4:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
TashaSkippy wrote:
M Ernst wrote:
You wrote: "I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned. "
It is so easy to talk smack anonymously in an online forum when that is no possible way to carry out such a treat. You're a fucking coward as far as I'm concerned.

If he had done this to 2 of the cyclists I ride with sometimes, there is a good chance he would be dead too. His response was as classless and out of line as any I have seen on this forum in 15 years of lurking and being a registered user. Incredibly disturbing. And disappointing.

Well, I'm sorry to have disappointed, and apparently shocked, so many people with my "illogical posts" but i guess i just have too much feeling for dogs.

Don't turn this into a noble flaw about your affection for dogs. It must have taken you at least a minute to form an opinion on the post, type a reply, and hit send. Nowhere during that time did you think, hmm maybe this isn't appropriate. Especially since you doubled down with your replies after that. You're giving people who truly care about dogs a bad name.

What's most telling, you're apologising in a similar vein to that radio guy who rode the bike path with his car (was it in San Diego?). You're not apologising, you're just sorry it shocked people, you just can't figure out why, because you are just fucked in the head. It really scares me that people can just fly off the handle like that. I always enjoyed your posts on swimming but shit man, you're a psycho nutcase and I hope I never have the misfortune of running into you at the off chance I might trigger your dark side.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic self-important triathlete. Training ride "spoiled" by killing a dog. Shitty situation. Yeah, the dog shouldn't have been in the road. That's the owner's fault, not the dog's. Unfortunately, the dog is the victim here, and not you for being inconvenienced out of setting a PR on your local training loop.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [TashaSkippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TashaSkippy wrote:
M Ernst wrote:

If he had done this to 2 of the cyclists I ride with sometimes, there is a good chance he would be dead too.

His response was as classless and out of line as any I have seen on this forum in 15 years of lurking and being a registered user. Incredibly disturbing. And disappointing.

And I would add that after reading Eric's post that now I will NEVER go and apologize to the owner of a dog I had just hit, on the off chance of being met with psychotic murderous rage.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [davetopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetopia wrote:
Classic self-important triathlete. Training ride "spoiled" by killing a dog. Shitty situation. Yeah, the dog shouldn't have been in the road. That's the owner's fault, not the dog's. Unfortunately, the dog is the victim here, and not you for being inconvenienced out of setting a PR on your local training loop.

It's called sarcasm, through understatement. And as someone pointed out earlier, may have been a play on the phrase "Golf: a good walk spoiled"

So you can dial back your outrageometer.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Sep 3, 16 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [davetopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetopia wrote:
Classic uncomprehending laptop warrior. It has little to do with the dogs. Unusual and regrettable situation, but I wouldn't have posted about that in itself. It's about attempted vehicular assault. Twice. That was the thing I found shocking, frightening and ultimately remarkable.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
bikerdude wrote:
Again consequences for our decisions. You speed and don't get in an accident; no consequences. Speed cause an accident and someone is injured because of your bad decision there are consequences. The lady let her dog run free against the law for who knows how long and got away with it. She was complacent as most of us are with cellphones, texting and driving etc. But cause a problem because of bad decisions and the hammer drops. In this case the hammer was the dog's death. (A death that I regret and even mourn but realize it is not the bicyclists fault.)

My point is that cyclists are always pointing out how other people, motorists, dog owners, cat owners, whatever, are OMG breaking the law, as if they themselves never ever break the law, i.e. they always stop at every stop sign, etc. My point is that virtually everyone breaks some minor law every day, so don't go blaming the other law breaker when you do it all the time too. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

You've posted a lot and in general it has seemed pretty well reasoned, but this thread has brought out some weird shit. Ad hominem logical fallacies all over the damn place.

Seriously. I wonder if Eric's crazy cousin "Derek" is staying at his house and using his ST account.....

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't read thru this train wreck of a thread since page 1 so maybe you covered it, did you report it? In California buzzing a cyclist qualifies as assault with a deadly weapon and folks here have taken to reporting it all the time (to establish a record and to force local depts to take it seriously, they don't like increased crime stats)
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, talked to a State Trooper, but in PA it seems if no outside witnesses and no injuries, the police will not get involved. Even if there's property damage, unless it's clear cut like one car was going the wrong way down a one-way street, they just leave it to the insurers to sort out.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Yes, talked to a State Trooper, but in PA it seems if no outside witnesses and no injuries, the police will not get involved. Even if there's property damage, unless it's clear cut like one car was going the wrong way down a one-way street, they just leave it to the insurers to sort out.

That used to happen here but really was the result of cops not wanting to do the paperwork. Seriously. Now people go to the station and demand to file a report (asking for the watch commander if the desk clerk balls), and not leaving until they take it (they have to, just don't want to)
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
I would have done the same.......so there are two of us!
But then again I still believe this whole story is BS.

Thanks very much, at least a few others see this situation as I do. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one that should apologize in a case like that is the dog owner. First to the dead dog, because the owner is the only one that is responsible for its death, and then to the cyclist who risked serious injury due to the dog owner dumbness.

On the other hand, you show serious adaption issues to living in society. Maybe you should go get checked by a professional.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [runwichi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runwichi wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
.... You may be right, maybe I am an idiot, but anyone who hits my dog and does not even stop to apologize, that person is a fucking marked man. I live at the end of a dead-end street so not much chance of your scenario occurring.

What are you, 15? Grow the fuck up. If you're the owner and your dog causes an accident, you're in the wrong. Deal with it. Flex your fingers all you want on the internet, you try this shit in real life and you'll be in your own cage downtown waiting for the judge on Monday. Learn the law and stop being an asshat.

Source - dog owner and trainer.

Further, in some states it's assault by the owner. The owner is responsible for his dog. It's like owning a gun and firing it towards some trees towards a road. You would be 100% liable if you shot someone you couldn't see.

What if the dog is friendly, but a car swerves to miss the dog and kills a bicyclist? Should the family of the dead cyclist apologize to the dog owner? It's a tragic situation that a dog gets loose, but you can't expect the person that almost got seriously injured or potentially killed to have a tremendous amount of remorse.... especially not when dog #2 is coming at you and then the owner is trying to run you over.

Good grief, seriously.

I've had plenty of dog chase me on a bicycle and a motorcycle. Some are clearly friendly some do not seem so friendly. Both present a risk if they collide with me.

Some dog owners sometimes remind me of some smokers. Completely oblivious to how their choices impact others.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next