Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:

When the DANGER of the second dog attack had ended... DID YOU READ THAT????? He could have gone back and discussed the dead dog issue with the owner. That's what I said....

DID YOU READ the part about the owner jumping in a car and physically going after the OP in said car? What part of going back to discuss it with her makes sense given that information?

Donzo98 wrote:
Trust me DUDE.... I am really not a fucking moron. I'm pretty level headed.

)

All evidence to the contrary...your reponses in this thread have amounted to insulting multiple people and calling them assholes over an event that didn;t even involve you.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
ergopower wrote:
mknight84 wrote:
He couldn't have stopped because the second dog. Bu I do agree he could at least felt bad about it.

...By this point I'm a hundred feet or more past the yard the dogs came from. I feel bad about the 1st dog, but I presume the 2nd one is still loose back there somewhere...

Have you ever had a dog??? Do you know dogs just like to chase things and bark when they're excited??? If you had stopped right after hitting the small dog, the bigger dog would come right up to you but I very much doubt that he would have attacked you. He probably would've just wagged his tail and barked. You run over someone's dog, you stop and apologize. If this dog had been mine, I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned.

Lol, wow. I didn't know there were bullies on this website. "I will physically beat the shit out of you thereby committing a felony, if you don't say sorry for something that's not your fault" was essentially this post. You come off like that window cleaner guy in the recent viral video, "I'm your huckleberry"...

BTW while we are at the "if it was me"s - if you did that to me, I'd enjoy spending all my free time getting charges pressed, and you'd better be hoping the 3-15 years in prison (for aggravated assault and battery in Tennessee, class C felony) was worth it... "But Your Honor, he didn't say sorry!!"

That said, I do think if he could have spoken to the owner he really should have. But I'm pretty appalled to hear people think this is an appropriate response to him not doing so.
Last edited by: mcnnr27: Sep 2, 16 12:47
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

When the DANGER of the second dog attack had ended... DID YOU READ THAT????? He could have gone back and discussed the dead dog issue with the owner. That's what I said....

DID YOU READ the part about the owner jumping in a car and physically going after the OP in said car? What part of going back to discuss it with her makes sense given that information?

Donzo98 wrote:

)

All evidence to the contrary...your reponses in this thread have amounted to insulting multiple people and calling them assholes over an event that didn;t even involve you.

Last I looked... it didn't involve anyone except the OP..... and there are a ton of responses here.

If your dog was killed in a accident because it ran out of your house would you just expect the person involved to just drive/ride away??? In fairness... it was clearly a bad situation, but he could have gone back later. Maybe he could have gotten the info from the cop.

If I hit a dog on my bike/car I would feel horrible no matter whose fault it was.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Sep 2, 16 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
If your dog was killed in a accident because it ran out of your house would you just expect the person involved to just drive/ride away??? In fairness... it was clearly a bad situation, but he could have gone back later. Maybe he could have gotten the info from the cop.

If I hit a dog on my bike/car I would feel horrible no matter whose fault it was.

The enraged woman tried to run him off the road with her car. He could have been killed. You honestly think it would be a good idea to go knock on her door? Who the eff knows what her state of mind would be with him on her property.

He called the cops, made a statement which is hopefully now part of a recorded document somewhere should, God forbid this woman take her aggression out on him or another cyclist on the roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously I wasn't there, but I heard it from my uncle as well. Burlap sack would be empty. Stuff most of the sack under the hubcap and leave about 6" hanging out. A rag would be just as effective. A dog biting on is probably at only 20-30 degrees off the plane of the car so the force on the hubcap would be mostly in the direction of the wheel, not out. Yeah, I could see a hubcap popping off in some cases, all depends on the size of the dog, the angle of attack, manner of the whomping, etc. But even if it came off after a couple of whomps - lesson learned.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's - honestly - insanely creative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:

One time in college my cycling team buddies and I were riding on a country road in coastal Virginia. Maybe the middle of a 50 mile ride, so a good bit of time left to ride. We were on a particular road on our loop that doesn't have lane lines (so, maybe a bit more than 1.5 lanes wide, country road), grassy ditches on each side, and a slight decline to it. We were rolling along pretty quickly since it was a mite downhill (roughly 25mph, although this was before Garmins became ubiquitous so I don't really know) when a small sized dog came roaring out from a mobile home towards us. Having encountered this plenty of times before, we weren't particularly worried; the dog usually adjusts course (from oncoming to a more tangential course) to run along side and bark at us. Unfortunately this dog did not adjust course and ran straight into my front wheel (I was the unlucky one riding on the right side of the road). I crashed heavily and, in spite of having no broken bones, was very shocked and hurt by the process. The dog did not die, but it limped off to another mobile home where an owner was standing on a porch, just kind of looking at us. I was the only one that crashed in our group of three, but I bent my RD hanger, got a lot of road rash on my right side, cracked my helmet, etc. The owner of the other home (I assume the owner anyway) picked up the dog and walked inside. We had to ride home from there, as none of my injuries were serious enough to warrant immediate attention by emergency healthcare, all the people had vanished all of a sudden, and we still had 1-2 hours of riding left to do.

I didn't feel bad for the dog...at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a person who has had his dog killed by an off leash dog and much more recently my toddler had a very close encounter with an off leash dog.

I love dogs.
I hate most dog people.
Your dog is a dog. It's not a human. It has barely any thinking capabilities except breeding and eating and making its owner happy. Its a piece of property and it has no right threatening or endangering other people.

All of that said, the original posted does sound cold but this situation sounds pretty rough.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appropriate response. These days there just way too many people doing drugs, mentally unstable, etc... I would avoid riding in that area for the foreseeable future as you just don't know if she's a few fries short of a happy meal. Personally as a dog owner I completely agree with your actions, based on the second dog chasing you.

"For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Donzo98 wrote:

)

Last I looked... it didn't involve anyone except the OP..... and there are a ton of responses here.

two things:

1) pretty sure the OP felt horrible about hitting the dog; and
2) how would *you* determine if the danger was past? I would determine it when I *knew* that all dogs on the premises were adequately restrained. Pretty sure you wouldn't know that.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To all the people who think the OP should have gone back and apologized, how do you think that would have gone?

Rider: (Breathless having just escaped a serious crash and attacking dog) OMG, I am sooooo sorry. I didn't see you dog until the last second and I didn't expect it to run out right in front of me. There was nothing I could do. :-(

Owner: OMG, are you ok? You don't have to apologize, it was all my fault for not having my dogs on leashes. I was so worried that you were going to crash. I am sooooo glad you came back so I can apologize to you for being so irresponsible. Can I get you some water, or ice tea perhaps?

The OP had absolutely nothing to gain by going back, and based on ericmulk's response, there is a risk of things getting out of control.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Donzo98 wrote:

)

You directly quoted one of my posts and called me a callous (or insensitive) asshole.

And you are now doing a fair bit of backpedaling. You have gone from "he should have stopped" to "well, maybe he could have gone back later".

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afrizzledfry wrote:
Or a woman on the rag.

Really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if anyone has said it yet...glad you are OK,

I think the thing that is missing is that (more) than 9 out of 10 athletes on ST would have "likely" hit the deck (probably myself included) in this situation...also equally likely given that the dog is coming straight at you that it *might* have died any way.

Then it would be a legal thread to re-coup injuries and bike replacement etc, if you were seriously injured no one would give two shits about the dog.

We have two small dogs (Boston Terriers at about 16 and 18 pounds) when we decided to get dogs we spent 1800$ on a nice fence and a dog door....that's building it yourself. we keep them on leashes unless in an off leash park or at home in our protected yard.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Donzo98 wrote:

)

You directly quoted one of my posts and called me a callous (or insensitive) asshole.

And you are now doing a fair bit of backpedaling. You have gone from "he should have stopped" to "well, maybe he could have gone back later".

Maybe you aren't an asshole after all...

Backpedaling... appropriate for ST I guess :)

Listen... the OP seems like a reasonable guy. If he thought he was in danger I get it.

Just feel bad for the dog owner...

If my dog got killed... I would feel better if the guy who killed it apologized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a camera on your bike? Wold be nice to have the video evidence if you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Not sure if anyone has said it yet...glad you are OK
Thank you

Brian

Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Do you have a camera on your bike? Wold be nice to have the video evidence if you do.
I got a Garmin Virb as a present a while ago. Reading the instruction manual now. It's big and clunky like a GoPro, though. The drone guys have some way better solutions if you don't mind piecing together separate camera, battery and interface.

Brian

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

I got a Garmin Virb as a present a while ago. Reading the instruction manual now. It's big and clunky like a GoPro, though. The drone guys have some way better solutions if you don't mind piecing together separate camera, battery and interface.

Check out my post here on the Fly 12 & 6 combo. Has you covered front and back.
Good luck out there!
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% not your fault. It's the dog owners fault on all counts for everything that happened and could have happened. Love dogs, but they are animals and don't trust a single one on/off a leash and that goes for the owners that don't obey the "Keep your pets on a leash" signs too.

Eff' em.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Donzo98 wrote:

)

Listen... the OP seems like a reasonable guy. If he thought he was in danger I get it.

If my dog got killed... I would feel better if the guy who killed it apologized.

Agreed...I feel bad for the owner as well. I once saw my dog get hit by a car. He was fine but the image / memory has stuck with me. Can't imagine seeing your dog get killed....

But I fully understand why the OP did what he did. Personally, I think I would have tried to find a way to stop, but based on what he wrote, that seems like it would have been difficult.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Donzo98 wrote:

)

Agreed...I feel bad for the owner as well. I once saw my dog get hit by a car. He was fine but the image / memory has stuck with me. Can't imagine seeing your dog get killed....

But I fully understand why the OP did what he did. Personally, I think I would have tried to find a way to stop, but based on what he wrote, that seems like it would have been difficult.

Looks like we found a common ground :)

Happy Labor Day weekend....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You wrote: "I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned. "

It is so easy to talk smack anonymously in an online forum when that is no possible way to carry out such a treat. You're a fucking coward as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Reply
Re: Well that was a nice ride spoiled [M Ernst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M Ernst wrote:
You wrote: "I would've chased you in the car, cut you off, and beaten the fucking shit out of you. You wouldn't have been able to do shit for a month or more b/c your face would be hamburger. You're a fucking bastard as far as I am concerned. "

It is so easy to talk smack anonymously in an online forum when that is no possible way to carry out such a treat. You're a fucking coward as far as I'm concerned.

If he had done this to 2 of the cyclists I ride with sometimes, there is a good chance he would be dead too.

His response was as classless and out of line as any I have seen on this forum in 15 years of lurking and being a registered user. Incredibly disturbing. And disappointing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next