Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ.
Quote | Reply
Sunrise 07:04 Hrs. Local zone time. Mean average high temperature/ March 6th. 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Predicted high temperature for March 6th, 2004: 69 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Chance of precipitation: 10%. Winds: Light and variable/East-Southeast at 7 mph. Partly sunny. Overnight low temperature 53 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity 77%. Sunset 19:49 Hrs. Local zone time.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prediction: the first 5km pretty much downhill along the lake when you are still wet from the swim and starting on your bike are going to be
FREAKIN' COLD!
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I packed a thermal vest and arm warmers per Scott Molina's recommendation.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Report e-mailed to me this morning by top pro Andrea Fisher on the ground in New Zealand:

Hey,

The areas that were affected by the storms (flooding) are not in Taupo or on the course. They shouldn't worry about it at all. The weather is sorta crazy here in Auckland this week in terms of high wind and freaky showers here and there...but nothing out of the ordinary right now. But again, Taupo is not affected by the storms or the weather. It's fine. Plan for temperatures like they always are...a bit cooler in the morning (about 9-10 celcius) and warmer in the day (19-23 celcius) I would plan on it being a bit windier this year than last just because of the winds here in Auckland, but it's been fine for training.

Hope that helps
Fish

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the friends I am staying with told me that with all the rain, the lake is as cold as in december...
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I packed a neoprene swim cap too. I thought it was a secret Francois? I maintained the strictest operational security per your request- I didn't tell anyone your secret!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the list is up anyway...and there was a discussion on gordo's forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, we'll be suffering together Francois.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it doesn't matter, we'll be in NZ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed we will. I feel your pain for the length of your flight- 1/2 way around the world vertically and horizontally.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, I guess you will feel it too...aren't you doing the same trip? chicago, LAX, AKL, Taupo?

your trip is longer than mine...
El Paso, LA, AKL, Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you lived in Paris Monsieur!?!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I live in west Texas! haven't lived in France since 1999 when we moved to Oz, then to TX in 2001...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, very well. In any event, I'll be looking for a French scientist wearing a cowboy hat in Taupo.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And so the weather-related dementia begins.

Hey, are you two on the same Saturday LAX-AKL flight as the other 90 Premium Plus folks? If so, keep your eye out for a nervous-looking redhead in a window seat -- that's me.
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be nervous Ariel. There will be no less than three plain clothes, highly trained anti-terroist operatives concealed among the passengers- probably one of them NZ SAS. Each is heavily armed and alert to any anomolies on the passenger list and seated in appropriate proximity to the most likely threat candidates.

The only thing we have to worry about on the flight is our MP3 players working, our batteries in our Gameboy Advance holding out and the food being OK.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, are you going to be back in the shop by March 12 or 13th by any chance? I need to come in for a fitting and thinking of doing it that weekend. thanks and good luck in NZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, yeah, I was more concerned about my new iPod backup battery pack working, and whether the 16 AAs in my carry-on will be enough to keep my noise-canceling headphones running for 12 hours.

There's one other thing that makes me worry: Where can I get a margarita in Taupo? Or should I bring my own?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, given that Francois is marginally taller than I am, you'll be feeling a LOT more pain on the flight! ;)

Hope the both of you have a kickass race.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am actually taller than someone???

you'll recognize me in the plane. look for the dude who is going to set up his trainer in the plane and sweat for 5h :-)
boredom, boredom...
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I'm not even gone yet and you're asking me when I'll be back? Not fair!

We have three triathletes working here are two are FIST certified. If I can;t fit you, one of the other guys will. But I will be back arounfd the 12th I think.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
forgot to answer...not going with premium, but will be on this flight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taller, (much) faster, and by the sounds of your research, smarter too.

I can uh.... uh.... uh... stay warmer better than you can!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parents are in New Zealand right now and called me 2 nights ago from Taupo. They were staying in a motel overlooking the lake and my dad said that there is no way anyone would to swim in that day since it was so windy that there were 3 foot waves. Good luck Tom and I hope the weather calms down for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Weather Forecast: March 6th, Taupo, New Zealand of IMNZ. [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can swim in anything. I may not be fast, but I am durable as hell.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply