Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wattie Ink Elite Team announced
Quote | Reply
http://wattieink.com/elite-team/

Time to ROCK the W!

It's gonna be a great season flyin' some pimp kit and using some great gear!

See you at the races!

Cheers,
Puskas

Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck to everyone there. Great guys and awesome kit.
Was hoping to join the party but I guess not this time.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In!

Looking forward to racing with the W crew!
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats folks!

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does it mean to be on the "Elite Team"? Pros? Upper level Elites?
Last edited by: Chaloo: Dec 7, 12 12:23
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [Chaloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chaloo wrote:
What does it mean to be on the "Elite Team"? Pros? Upper level Elites?

Lots of twitter and blog followers.

I see the hats out there and I was just curious. So more social then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattie runs his pro's separately with their own individual sponsorship deals. The elite team covers the spectrum of athletes but the majority of them are FOP. There is also a U25 team this year that is focused on identifying up and coming talent.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
puskas wrote:

Time to ROCK the W!

It's gonna be a great season flyin' some pimp kit and using some great gear!

See you at the races!

Cheers,
Puskas

My wife and I are part of the team for 2013! We're excited!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a bunch if MOP guys that love twitter to me. The faster guys from last year seem to be missing from this years list.

Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [Scott Allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two of the guys I know on the 2013 team are definitely not MOP (but they do love Twitter) as in 3rd place AG at IMAZ and 6th place AG at 70.3 WC.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Dec 7, 12 14:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is only 1 fast guy who was "on" the team last year that is not back.

Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give you Doug. I'm not sure who the 6th place guy is. To be fair though Doug made a big jump last year. I know that MOP comment may ruffle some feathers but When you have 100 people on the "elite" team... That's a bit too many for it to really be exclusive. Team Timex, the Zoot Ultra team and Snapple seem to be more results driven. Wattie seems to be a marketing blitz. From my twitter feed it seems like they must get a deeper discount the more they tweet.
I think most people would be surprised at how little you get for being on a team like this.

Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly...

Quote | Reply
Scott Allen wrote:
Seems like a bunch if MOP guys that love twitter to me. The faster guys from last year seem to be missing from this years list.

That's an effed up statement.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is that effed up? I'm not saying it isn't a better way to market products. It's probably better than getting the fastest guys and telling them to race fast. Get a bunch of guys that are good with social marketing and tell them go crazy.

Last edited by: Scott Allen: Dec 7, 12 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Wattie Ink Elite Team announced [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
Wattie runs his pro's separately with their own individual sponsorship deals. The elite team covers the spectrum of athletes but the majority of them are FOP. There is also a U25 team this year that is focused on identifying up and coming talent.

This was my thought. I guess what sparked my initial question was the congratulatory post I was seeing and I wasn't sure what we were congratulating. I googled a few of the names and while there certainly are a lot of fast guys and gals on the "Elite Team", there are also a few people who I've raced with and are definitely MOP (but they do tweet a lot and love the sport). They don't collect points through out the season or meet certain qualifying standards, it's subjective by Wattie Ink. I guess it's essential a fraternity. Heather Jackson and others are not part of this "Elite Team" I assume.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chaloo wrote:
TravisT wrote:

This was my thought. I guess what sparked my initial question was the congratulatory post I was seeing and I wasn't sure what we were congratulating. I googled a few of the names and while there certainly are a lot of fast guys and gals on the "Elite Team", there are also a few people who I've raced with and are definitely MOP (but they do tweet a lot and love the sport). They don't collect points through out the season or meet certain qualifying standards, it's subjective by Wattie Ink. I guess it's essential a fraternity. Heather Jackson and others are not part of this "Elite Team" I assume.

The pros each have there own separate thing but there was a lot of interaction with her and others last year. Wattie is definitely developing a very supportive family feel to the team hence the reason that not every single person on the team is the very top of FOP. There are some attitudes that aren't condusive to what he has developed that he doesn't want involved. I'll take the quality of people that have been added this year, including an AG world champ. Obviously if you want to be the the lone wolf type of triathlete and go get sponsorships on your own you can possibly get better deals but the opportunities for networking and connections in the sport are some of the best on this team that I have experienced in the groups I've been involved with.