Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Water bottle cage that also holds a storage canister
Quote | Reply

Hi, Just some blatant self promotion here {not sure if this is against the forum rules}. I have just put a new waterbottle cage on Kickstarter that has the bonus of being able to hold a storage canister as well. It's perfect for those who don't like saddle bags. Or those who need space to take more items on a ride - you could stuff a gilet in the canister, or gels - whatever small items you might want to take on a ride. Here is a link to the campaign -

https://www.kickstarter.com/...century-storage-cage

Thanks -
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cage that also holds a storage canister [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have spent hours trying to come up with a "two part" bottle.
Not sure why I didn't just think of a "two part" cage.

Don't I feel stupid.
Good luck with your launch.
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cage that also holds a storage canister [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can it mount to an X-labs rear carrier?
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cage that also holds a storage canister [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes It will Mount to an X lab rear carrier, there are multiple mounting holes so you can fine tine the position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool!
I am holding out for the aero version 😜

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. This is interesting. 3 questions:

1. Any reason this wouldn’t work as a double BTA cage assuming the front facing bottle has room and doesn’t run into the aero bars?
2. If yes to #1, any plans to add a small little riser in the center to prevent bottles from going all the way in and so the bottoms can abut each other? Just a tiny little piece to mark the half way point etc.
3. Are these like strong gorilla type cages, or standard?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cage that also holds a storage canister [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean, could you use it to hold two water bottles between the aerobars? I would say yes -- but you would have to cut off the retention tabs. The grip on the water bottle it pretty firm. No plans for risers.
Quote Reply