Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Tickr X strap keeps slipping
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been answered before - I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I like to wear my Wahoo Tickr X heart rate monitor while I race - I can pair it to my watch and to my Garmin head unit on the bike across both channels. So far so good.

On the swim it doesn't budge, on the bike, it barely moves....2km into the run, I'm wearing it as a belt! Mostly it starts slipping down my back, and pulls the front along with it.

I see all these Instagram posts of pro triathletes with their Tickrs staying put while running with their zipper half down...I just want to know how?

I've tried making the strap super tight, not tight, wetting it before putting it on...nothing seems to work! I'm at a point now where for my next race I'm just not going to wear it.

Any tricks or suggestions for getting HRM straps to stay put? Is this just the reality of racing with a HRM strap??? I can't imagine that it should fail like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Tickr X strap keeps slipping [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might need a new strap - no slippage with mine (however it's not the original strap). They are cheap - any garmin compatible strap will work great with the tickr as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem with my strap but not with my garmin straps. The Tickr has been moved to bike only rides now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've put a safety pin on both sides of the strap so it doesn't loosen up. That has helped quite a bit, but on runs where I get really sweaty, it's still fairly common for the strap to slide down. In the winter and colder weather where I'm not sweating that much, I have to wet the strap before a run otherwise it totally slides down my chest to my waist. It would seem to me that the strap needs a bit more of the rubber grippy things to keep it in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like that strap at all, thought about getting a different monitor but I'm waiting on a replacement strap I bought on Amazon that works with the Tickr X and others.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Tickr X strap keeps slipping [seattlejp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies, folks! Glad to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to figure out why I'm wearing a belt!

I was able to dig out my older Garmin soft heart rate strap and put my Tickr onto it for my run this morning. Darned if it didn't budge at all! Readings were fine too!

The real test will be the race on the weekend and see if it slips, but I'm encouraged!

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slips constantly. Erratic readings. I'll take my current garmin generation of straps any day
Quote Reply