Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment
Quote | Reply
Just put my Felt IA10 with DI2 on a new Wahoo Kickr and the gearing/shifting is way off. Is this normal? I have no idea how to adjust the shifting on the Di2...HELP!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the stock cassette that came with the Kickr? If so, trash it and put on an ultegra or dura ace casette.

The stock cassette on the kickr is absolute garbage. Oh and be prepared to apply a crap ton of torque to get that stock cassette removed.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Nov 1, 18 6:38
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Are you using the stock cassette that came with the Kickr? If so, trash it and put on an ultegra or dura ace casette.

The stock cassette on the kickr is absolute garbage. Oh and be prepared to apply a crap ton of torque to get that stock cassette removed.

It may not be a high quality cassette, but does it really matter? I know at least two people using newer kickr's with included cassette and its working fine (and both happen to be on Felt IA's, not that it matters,,)

If shifting isn't tuned properly, it is most certainly because of very minor differences between the freehub/cassette spacing of the kickr vs the rear wheel of his bike.

To OP - yes, you might need ot make a micro adjust to your Di2. It is incredibly easy, just search youtube. Something you should learn to do anyway.

Cheers
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Nov 1, 18 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, its the cassette that came with the Kickr and it looks like a SRAM cassette.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

It may not be a high quality cassette, but does it really matter?

If shifting isn't tuned properly, it is most certainly because of very minor differences between the freehub/cassette spacing of the kickr vs the rear wheel of his bike.

To OP - yes, you might need ot make a micro adjust to your Di2. It is incredibly easy, just search youtube. Something you should learn to do anyway.

Cheers

I thought the same thing when I first got my kickr. I tried fine tuning my di2 several times but no matter what I set the indexing to, the shifting was shit and very noisy. It wasn't until I put on a dura-ace cassette, the shifting/noise improved significantly.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an IA with Di2, and I upgraded my KICKR to a Shimano 105 cassette. DA is gross overkill on a trainer. Ultegra would be a luxury, but 105 is totally fine. After all, if you are doing it right, you really should not be shifting at all-- you just want proper alignment. All that said, the original SRAM cassette that came with the KICKR worked fine on my IA before I did the cassette upgrade.

Macro story... if your shifting on the KICKR is massively off, I would suspect a cassette alignment problem on either the bike or the KICKR. The KICKR cassette is not that horrible. For example, maybe someone put an incorrect spacer on one of the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More than likely it's the small difference in the kickr freehub. The shop i used to work at would have the customers bring the kickr+bike in so we could have both match and not have to adjust the bike every time. We used the shims from Wheels Manufacturing https://wheelsmfg.com/freewheel-spacers.html. I think the thickness we used was .3mm
Last edited by: Tall_Coffee: Nov 1, 18 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Gear adjustment [Tall_Coffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tall_Coffee wrote:
I think the thickness we used was .03mm

0.3mm ;)
Quote Reply