Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know... Saris says not to do it, and Wahoo says not to do it... but I did it anyway. And it works great! The Kickr Bike fits perfectly on the MP1 platform and is easily and securely attached with the retaining straps, both front and rear. It feels every bit as secure as my road bike on the Tacx Neo felt before it.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is contemplating this Frankenstein monster of a pairing but was reluctant to go down this path. Now there's at least one idiot that's done it before you ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lucy charles did this. and both saris and wahoo say not to do it. but, there you go.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you give any commentary on how this performs? I've always suspected putting a 40kg+ smart bike on a rocker plate would move about as gracefully as an elephant on roller skates.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually can’t believe you haven’t done this yet
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
I actually can’t believe you haven’t done this yet

I assume a smart bike on a rocker would be like training on a loaded cargo bike. I have a TON of more important things to waste my time on before I do this. :)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Bike mounted on a Saris MP1 motion platform [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Can you give any commentary on how this performs? I've always suspected putting a 40kg+ smart bike on a rocker plate would move about as gracefully as an elephant on roller skates.

My time on this setup so far is limited to a few short rides, but I'll say that it's better than I expected it to be -- by a lot. I guess it all depends on your expectations, though. If you're looking for an ultra-realistic simulation of riding outdoors then you may be somewhat disappointed (unless you ride a 90 lb. bike outdoors). However, for me the "realism" of it is secondary to the added comfort it affords on long rides. I was really struggling to do 2+ hour trainer rides before I bought the MP1. The added motion that the MP1 offers definitely makes longer Zwift sessions far more comfortable. The Kickr Bike, being far heavier, has more inertia than a regular bike/trainer combo, so it's going to move a little less but it still moves in all the same ways. There's nothing awkward-feeling about it (to me). If it moves enough to keep me comfy on long rides, then it's still a huge benefit IMO.

BTW - thanks for all your videos! You're a tremendous resource and asset, and my decision to buy the Kickr Bike was informed, in large part, by your videos about it. If you still have the Kickr Bike and MP1 laying around, you should give it a try. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Quote Reply