Login required to post replies

Wahoo Element and Assioma
Quote | Reply
TBC
Last edited by: dunno: Jul 9, 18 4:04
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the firmware up to date on everything?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tifosi01 wrote:
Is the firmware up to date on everything?

Yep, the latest firmware was supposed to fix this issue but it hasn’t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yep, the latest firmware was supposed to fix this issue but it hasn’t.

Hopefully they didn't use the generic canned response I usually get of "We know of the issue. We've merged this ticket with the other tickets, but we currently do not have an ETA of a fix."

But look, their new fan can keep you cool while you wait for them to fix this issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first one didn’t even work right out of the box it was completely dead. I had to send it back for a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would try to return it and get a Garmin. It may not be perfect, but it sure handles power better in every respect.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if this is still an issue with the Assioma and the Wahoo Bolt? I just switched to the Assioma pedals (coming from P1s) and love them and my current Garmin finds them flawlessly (well it did till my dog got ahold of it). I like the Bolt and it gets good reviews from what I can see, but if it has connectivity issues with the Assioma I may just order another Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [ACook1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't get an answer here, you may hit up DC Rainmaker. I believe he has tested Assioma pedals extensively with the Wahoo Element. So in that case you are talking strictly about SW differences. But I believe they should work fine. I am interested as I may buy them in the next few weeks. I already have a Bolt. Can't say enough good things about it. Coming from a ex-Garmin fan boy.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [ACook1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
June 3rd - update to the Elemnt/BOLT firmware for avg power / cadence on the Assioma.
November 7th - update to the Elemnt/BOLT firmware for crank length setting for the Assioma (head unit overrides whatever is set on the pm itself)

I haven't seen any other issues reported lately. I assume all is well. If there's a use-case with the Assioma and Elemnt/BOLT let me know and I'll try replicate it.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
June 3rd - update to the Elemnt/BOLT firmware for avg power / cadence on the Assioma.
November 7th - update to the Elemnt/BOLT firmware for crank length setting for the Assioma (head unit overrides whatever is set on the pm itself)

I haven't seen any other issues reported lately. I assume all is well. If there's a use-case with the Assioma and Elemnt/BOLT let me know and I'll try replicate it.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response and update.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
gplama wrote:

So for the record, after getting the Assioma pedals, which work great and I really like, I wanted to point out that you still can't set the crank length on the Bolt head unit. In fact Wahoo is aware of this (even though their patch was supposed to address this. And they tell you to adjust the power % on your head unit if you don't have the default length crank arms. On my 51 Cervelo I have 170 mm arms so I am supposed to adjust the Power %. Not a great option, but it works. Just wanted to share with others what I have found. I do really like the pedals and would still recommend them to anyone.

Also, one other item. A lot of people complain about the tightness of the pedals. After some research, a lot of people recommended using actual Look Keo pedals. I went with the Gray and have no problems with clipping in or out of the pedals.

If anyone has any other suggestions or comments let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Assioma [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
velocomp wrote:
gplama wrote:

So for the record, after getting the Assioma pedals, which work great and I really like, I wanted to point out that you still can't set the crank length on the Bolt head unit. In fact Wahoo is aware of this (even though their patch was supposed to address this. And they tell you to adjust the power % on your head unit if you don't have the default length crank arms. On my 51 Cervelo I have 170 mm arms so I am supposed to adjust the Power %. Not a great option, but it works. Just wanted to share with others what I have found. I do really like the pedals and would still recommend them to anyone.

Also, one other item. A lot of people complain about the tightness of the pedals. After some research, a lot of people recommended using actual Look Keo pedals. I went with the Gray and have no problems with clipping in or out of the pedals.

If anyone has any other suggestions or comments let me know.

Thanks, very helpful and good to know. Never thought the Garmin unit I've been too lazy to sell would come in handy.
Quote Reply