Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA
Quote | Reply
If you have a Wahoo Bolt has anyone tried to attach the Bolt using zip ties the BTA Profile Design Aero HC? This is one of those times it would have been nice of Wahoo fit the quarter turn Garmin mount.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the xlab torpedo, similar to what you are using, and have mine mounted out front of the bottle.

Easier to see that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you use the included Bolt mount or another one?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Do you use the included Bolt mount or another one?

Zipp Vuka Garmin Mount. Replaced Garmin insert with a Wahoo. Then machined an aluminum “stick” to connect it all together.

Maybe my friend and fellow slowtwitcher Exxxxi can post a pic on his bike, I have no clue how. He rides an IA16 with a Tririg cockpit and has it also. I ride an IA4 with the stock cockpit. With both use the Torpedo with gorilla cages but the concept is the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
XLAB makes an adapter for Wahoo https://www.xlab-usa.com/...ghlight=WyJ3YWhvbyJd

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
XLAB makes an adapter for Wahoo https://www.xlab-usa.com/...ghlight=WyJ3YWhvbyJd

So does K edge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my setup with Pwraddr's-designed Zipp extension stick. This is with a Garmin & Torpedo bottle, but the general approach is the same. In my setup, I have the stick sandwiched between my bottle cage and the Tririg's bridge plate. IMHO, this is absolutely the best computer position anywhere-- other than with a fully integrated system like the XLAB Versa 200 & 500. I had a 500, but it is incompatible with my Tririg system.

Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting....looks nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been meaning to take some better pics and post more about it, but I haven’t had time.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my current setup with Profile Design Aquacell and Wahoo Bolt. I know this looks very jerry rigged/unprofessional. I would love to come up with a better solution, but I want to keep my current BTA and want the Bolt near the end of my aero bars. I know there are aero mounts, but I believe I'd need to remove some bar tape for the aero mount to fit.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should just get the K-Edge aero mount and remove a section of bar tape...

Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [triguy1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy1984 wrote:
Here is my current setup with Profile Design Aquacell and Wahoo Bolt. I know this looks very jerry rigged/unprofessional. I would love to come up with a better solution, but I want to keep my current BTA and want the Bolt near the end of my aero bars. I know there are aero mounts, but I believe I'd need to remove some bar tape for the aero mount to fit.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should just get the K-Edge aero mount and remove a section of bar tape...

It won’t be centered in between the bars with a K Edge mount. Your bars are spaced too wide and the mount isn’t that wide. Just an FYI. I started out with a K Edge and eventually gravitated to what I made and posted above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the heads up! I do prefer the Bolt to be centered. Maybe i’ll stick with what I have for now. I need to find something small to cover the ends of the zip ties (on bottom of aero bars) as they poke my fingertips whenever my fingers touch the underside of the aerobars. It’s painful/annoying!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt with Profile Design BTA [triguy1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll measure the K Edge tonight and post. You can then measure to be positive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks!
Quote Reply