Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if Wahoo did a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing last year? Planning to get a Kickr and Climb to replace my old Computrainer. I know it's no guarantee they do it this year.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
Anyone know if Wahoo did a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing last year? Planning to get a Kickr and Climb to replace my old Computrainer. I know it's no guarantee they do it this year.

I think they had 20% off refurb models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REI does an annual 20% off 1 item around that time. I used it last year to get my Cycleops Hammer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forget exactly what it was, but it wasn't exciting. I do recall the discount on the refurbished units like the other person said and I think with the newest model it was either no sales tax or free financing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
REI does an annual 20% off 1 item around that time. I used it last year to get my Cycleops Hammer.

that does not apply to Wahoo products especially the kickr. If they charge tax in your state, you're better off just purchasing it from your LBS as you'd get it faster that way.

YMMV, but you may be able get a deal from your LBS. Wahoo has strict MAP that all the online retailer adhere to.

Ditto to deals last year, if your looking for the current gen kickr, you better off just getting it now and having more time to use it.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [zinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
that does not apply to Wahoo products especially the kickr.

It absolutely does or at least did last year. That’s how I got my Kickr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year on 10th November Clever Training did 20% off for VIP. You COULD use this on Wahoo (and I did to get a new Wahoo trainer)
It was $5 for VIP but they gave you 5 points which equalled $5 off the first order... so free for membership really. Guess this was a way around the MAP.

Then on Black Friday they did a 20% off that excluded Wahoo. I was glad I jumped at the earlier deal.

DCRainmaker is best place to get a heads up on Clever Training deals.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DC Rainmaker had a 20% deal on all trainers last year:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/trainers-power-meters-fenix5-sale.html

Im waiting to see what he posts for this year
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. If they do it the same day it’ll be this Thursday :)

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
REI 20% off sale starts Nov 9.

https://www.rei.com/coupon#

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm looking for a kickr right about now...any deal would be a bonus!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can always setup a saved search on eBay for "Wahoo Kickr" with "new" as a parameter. Use the parameters "- desk -snap" to weed out if not interested in those. A whole bunch sold for $1,000 based on completed sales or less. They probably sell pretty quick but that is why you set up the saved search so you get an email or notification when one pops up and snap it up, no pun intended. eBay runs a lot of promotions too from $50 off to 8% to 10%.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...eters-including.html

Just bought a Kickr Core from Clever Training through the DCR VIP program and got the 20% off!

REI has their 20% sale starting tomorrow, so I'll order the Kickr Climb from them tomorrow. The Core is backordered but expected early November so shouldn't be too long of a wait. Very excited!

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, thanks for the update. Fact that the Core is back ordered is probably a good thing. Should mean you're getting the latest batch which hopefully will have all the early glitches ironed out. I may even wait until the end of the sale, towards the 17th, to order a Core that will hopefully be problem free. I actually set up 2 VIP accounts, and am considering a Climb myself.

I wanna go fast!
Last edited by: ironmanatee: Nov 8, 18 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up returning my Core. I had two issues:
1. Stand did not appear to be welded straight.
2. The non-drive side axle is essentially flush with the trainer, so the inside of the dropout of my Felt IA was pressed hard up against the stand when QR was fastened, could have cracked the frame IMHO.

I was looking for a semi-affordable second trainer. Maybe will look at a Snap or a Tacx Flow Smart...
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You post about the crooked frame somewhere else, or in another thread on ST? I seem to remember reading about that before. DCRainmaker likes the Direto. Should be able to get that for $679 shipped (in the US) during Clevertraining VIP sale.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking at the elite zumo which is the new smart trainer at 699 so it would be $560. That or powertap pedals. I guess I have all day to decide
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have until the 17th:)

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
You post about the crooked frame somewhere else, or in another thread on ST? I seem to remember reading about that before. DCRainmaker likes the Direto. Should be able to get that for $679 shipped (in the US) during Clevertraining VIP sale.

I did in another thread specifically about the Core. Nothing against Wahoo, I have a gen1 kickr and love it. If there wasn't the clearance issue with the rear dropout, I probably would have kept it, the slightly crooked frame wasn't that big of a deal, and the newer resistance units on them are much quieter than my gen1. Just check your frame clearance if you get one.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Nov 8, 18 7:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great 9 days to decide!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that's how I got my Kickr.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Kickr Core as well. I emailed the sales team and they said the Core shipment will arrive early next week and ship out the same day.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [changums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
changums wrote:
I ordered the Kickr Core as well. I emailed the sales team and they said the Core shipment will arrive early next week and ship out the same day.

That's great. I ordered the Climb too with my points from the Core purchase. The Climb shipped already. Going to be frustrating having that sitting around and not being able to use it.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you considered the Elite Direto?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Black Friday/Cyber Monday [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Have you considered the Elite Direto?

A bit trigger shy, don't know a lot about them or their longevity / support.
Quote Reply

Prev Next