Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this).
Quote | Reply
at interbike today, wahoo just introduced a partnership, with pioneer, a pedaling monitoring system that integrated with both the elemnt and elemnt bolt. forward and backward compatible with elemnt. riders can see, as they're pedaling real time, exactly what power positive forces, negative forces, smoothness efficiency torque they're generating.

pretty cool. backward compatible with both pioneer's meters and wahoo's head units.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will this help them ever get the watch done?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:

as it happens, i'm standing in front of the product manager, stacy perlis. she punted me to chip hawkins, founder. and chip said, "there won't be a watch before its time." i don't know, but the sense i get is that watch devp will result in a watch, or no watch, rather than a meh watch.

any more questions? because they're all here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome. I was looking at a new PM and head unit last month, and was leaning towards pioneer and wahoo

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Not related to Pioneer, but will Wahoo make the Bolt head unit work with the Garmin Varia rear view radar?
Last edited by: RichardL: Sep 18, 18 11:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about getting zero offset stored in the .fit file at every recording interval (eg; every second)??

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does this make pioneer head unit extraneous?
i have pioneer and bolt -- so i guess im getting lucky.
one more question -- will they enable self adjusting power meter slope (correcting a power meter slope in the wahoo head unit)?
my pioneer is 7-9% low compared to cycelops hammer, srm, power tap.

thanks for the heads up - sincerely,rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

as it happens, i'm standing in front of the product manager, stacy perlis. she punted me to chip hawkins, founder. and chip said, "there won't be a watch before its time." i don't know, but the sense i get is that watch devp will result in a watch, or no watch, rather than a meh watch.

Ha! i love slowtwitch
Last edited by: y_nigel: Sep 18, 18 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Not related to Pioneer, but will Wahoo make the Bolt head unit work with the Garmin Varia rear view radar?

don't expect that in the short term. (straight from wahoo.)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
does this make pioneer head unit extraneous?

damned right.

i have pioneer and bolt -- so i guess im getting lucky.
one more question -- will they enable self adjusting power meter slope (correcting a power meter slope in the wahoo head unit)?
my pioneer is 7-9% low compared to cycelops hammer, srm, power tap.

thanks for the heads up - sincerely,rick

i'm going to talk to the folks at pioneer, but this isn't a wahoo question. wahoo's head unit is a slave for pioneer's deliverables. i'll ask pioneer whether they deliver that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for checking all this out and being willing to answer/reply to questions.
the srm slope adjust is a nice feature -- i used to do this in response to weights and all that but more recently i've used it to adjust it a smidge lower to match trainer power and power tap power (on a tt bike).
i would assume that accessing the advanced pioneer pedal force data can be done via the wahoo phone app also -- that is a nice feature for configuring the bolt.
thanks again - sincerely, rick
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the threads where people ask what power meter to get I don’t really remember seeing many suggest pioneer

Are they any good?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo/Pioneer Partnership (launch ongoing as I write this). [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are pioneer good -- i only have 1 month of data, but....
yes -- the zero offset is rock solid (i dont even bother checking it much anymore) and the data is very consistent. i think my data is low compared to other power meters i have - but it is always giving me the same % difference. I like the metrics it supports. I especially like the simplicity of the user battery change (sending the srm back and paying so much for them to take a month to get it back was tough for me).
pioneer also has the benefit of several years of pro team data - lotto + united healthcare at least. i also like shimano cranks - so there is that also. sincerely, rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
RichardL wrote:
Slowman wrote:

don't expect that in the short term. (straight from wahoo.)

Wahoo had a watch called the ELEMNT Rival that had gone through FCC testing.

They pulled it - https://fccid.io/...ismissal-FCC-3858343

Here are the product shots - https://fccid.io/...s-2017-11-21-3648437
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a Pioneer meter and older head unit, what I would like to get is an App to display the info on my iPad while riding on the trainer. Ask them if there is a way to do that

Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply