Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waco Bike Course
Quote | Reply
I've been over the map and seen the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DicGioV9S5o). Now that the course has been public for a bit, has anyone been out to ride it? Thoughts?

It's hard to get too much from the video (but super huge thanks to Bicycle World Texas for posting it). These things tend to make the terrain look a little flatter (and it does look flat on the video), and it's hard to get a feel for road quality. It's certainly a lot of narrow rural roads - I'm curious what kind of shape those are in. It also doesn't seem like there are too many turns sharp enough to break speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Waco Bike Course [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t spoken to anyone who’s ridden it but I’ve heard the road conditions aren’t bad. Lots of chip seal but not the bad stuff. It’s flat and will be very fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bumping my post here to see if I can capture any other input.

By way of saying something new (and I can't stress how little I care about this): the website and the course maps have disparities in elevation gain for both the bike and the run course. Because my Garmin almost always reflects a little more climbing than promised, I've wondered whether race directors shave a little off these numbers to make their course look easier. It's sort of a walmart pricing approach: $9.99 looks more attractive than $10.00. Or here, 1050 ft of climbing looks better than 1100 ft. I wonder if I've caught someone in the act.

Again, I don't care. Please tell me if you've been able to ride the Waco course and can share your due diligence. I do care about that.

Also, I suppose, the run course. That's a pretty stout little climb over about 1.5 miles, isn't it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are on Facebook there is a closed group for the race, just type in IM Waco 70.3 and send a request to join. Whoever is running it joined me really quick. Quite a few people have talked about riding the course and someone posted a slideshow from one of the local coaches there explaining the bike course. The goods, the bads,etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerMagic wrote:
Also, I suppose, the run course. That's a pretty stout little climb over about 1.5 miles, isn't it?

Let's just say the second loop of the run will be...fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Waco Bike Course [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you much! I had looked for one a while back, must have missed it.
Quote Reply