Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have info on (Ironman Waco,TX 70.3) if the swim will be canceled due to algae in the water?
Last edited by: Luislb87: Oct 11, 18 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [Luislb87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is such a long ways away, impossible to predict. They had races there over summer with no issues, no reason to fret right now, we wont know until race week!
Quote Reply
Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [Luislb87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you see too much algae?

Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that... make me feel much better!
Quote Reply
Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [JustinInATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Co-worker told me they canceled some practice swims in the river due to algae issues recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Sep 15, training swim was cancelled due to E. Coli found in the river. I did a race in July and it was fine. People swim there all the time these days for practice, and I haven't heard anything about algae. Join Waco 70.3 facebook group and you can see what's going on.
Quote Reply
Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes way more sense and is not surprising after all the rain we have had (bacteria runs off into rivers/water after storms). Usually with a few good days it's gone since there is a current.

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Waco, Tx 70.3 Too much algae? [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a small stagnant pond

Quote | Reply
JustinInATX wrote:
That is a small stagnant pond

It can't be that stagnant - they surf there.

But this does raise the question as to whether race promoters in general take the question of water quality seriously enough. I personally would rather swim in salt water (of any decent quality) than any fresh water lake in Florida. Too many gators, amoebas and water moccasins. Someone please remind me of this statement when I line up at Miami Man in a month.
Quote Reply