Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WWSTD?
Quote | Reply
If you were given the opportunity to have nothing to do but train year round for the next 18 months. Have access to a racetrack for biking 3 hours a day with two days a week 5 hours. Have 25m, 50m pool and open water swimming in Ocean.
Running at track is better than on the streets as two people were waiting for an ambulance ride after meeting with a bus on my run last week.
Have my P3 and most all goodies needed to look the part. Now to be the FOP AG'r.
A race is IMAZ.
wwstd?
Training + time + ??? = #winning?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: WWSTD? [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's the question? i'm confused.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: WWSTD? [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't edit stupid iPad. How to become fop agr with nothing but time?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering I don't see many beavers in races, you would probably take 1st place in any race around here.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need to live in a training paradise to become a top age grouper...You need a strong work ethic and a high tolerance for discomfort...

Having unlimited time and access to all the stuff is nice but if you are like me you will only end up with an awesome tan.

-----------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:

1 vote for ??? = recovery/nutrition (not location or owning the best stuff)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being a college student with a light work load and no job, I can tell you from experience: free time does not make you faster.

Your going to need a strong work ethic and discipline to get faster, not extra time. I hope it works out for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say get a coach who can utilize all that time to the fullest extent. In addition to direction, you will have an ally on your side when things get tough - as they should if you have that much time to train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
run 35mpw
bike 200mpw
swim 20k a week

or at least try to work my way up to that and see if I die

1fastbeaver wrote:
If you were given the opportunity to have nothing to do but train year round for the next 18 months. Have access to a racetrack for biking 3 hours a day with two days a week 5 hours. Have 25m, 50m pool and open water swimming in Ocean.
Running at track is better than on the streets as two people were waiting for an ambulance ride after meeting with a bus on my run last week.
Have my P3 and most all goodies needed to look the part. Now to be the FOP AG'r.
A race is IMAZ.
wwstd?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: WWSTD? [edapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edapp wrote:
Being a college student with a light work load and no job...

That oxymoron just doesn't make sense in my brain. Pardon me acting like the old man yelling at kids to stay off his lawn, but someone's paying the money for you to be in college, if you've only got "a light work load," you are wasting someone's money and their, your, and your school staffs' time. Get more out of it! Use that resource! Get pissed when your professors cancel class for no good reason! (/end rant)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen the training logs for pros who raced in Kona at ~ 10 hours a week average for years. I also read about folks
on ST who train 15-20 hours a week and try to get under 12 hours.

I don;t think "training Facilities" would make my Top 5 list of predictors / tools of success. Just to throw a few more important
ones out there
- Genetics
- Work Ethic / Desire (Can you follow a pre-defined training plan, can you hit those last 3 intervals, can you race shoulder-to-shoulder for 5 miles?)
- Athletic History
- Diet & Personal Health discipline
- Coaching & Coachability

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
??? = Genetics
Quote Reply