Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTF Zwift PWr
Quote | Reply
So I’ve read about about Zwift power estimates using only speed sensor (Wahoo) and Cadence (Wahoo). And a CycleOps Fluid2 Trainer. Word is that gives you 30% extra Watts.

So this is my 4th attempt at Zwift. I warm up and get my HR up ready to go. Then I start and watch my power drop to about 150 watts and I’m blowing chuncks. My HR is at 155 (just below LT) and my cadence at 90+ and I’m dying inside.

I weigh 92 kg. Am admittedly a bit out of shape but used to race and train a lot. Could I be that shit? I tried a race and watch my placing slip to 4,000th out of 4,500 before I quit half way through because I was definitely going to come last.

So my question is if the setup overestimates PWr by 30% I may as well take up lawn bowls.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF Zwift PWr [fastasduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it gave an extra 30%, that'd be factored into the speed/power curves and you'd have accurate numbers. So it's not the case.

Estimated power is just that. An estimation. If you have everything perfect (tyre pressure, tyre size, warm the unit up, warm the tyre up, correct roller pressure on the tyre, etc) then the numbers will be pretty close. If anything isn't right, then the numbers are as useful as throwing a hotdog at a dartboard.

If you want to measure power, grab yourself a power meter.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply