Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WTC gives LA a doping control test
Quote | Reply
FWIW LA posted that he had an out-of-competition doping control test. Wondering how many pros are given such out-of-competition tests.

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [DougRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it was LA and not a long lost twin?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DougRob wrote:
FWIW LA posted that he had an out-of-competition doping control test. Wondering how many pros are given such out-of-competition tests.

I think if your going to catch anyone using PED's you will have to run them down. At this point in time, the top athletes & doctors will know exactly how to pass a test or get it out of their system.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dopers will always be able to beat tests and get away with stuff. The hope is that you surprise the sophisticated ones. Thats how Balco happened. Lots of athletes were taking a drug that couldn't be detected by the current tests. A test was formulated and lots got caught.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most athlete with solid performance get random test in triathlon. It s routine......

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Dopers will always be able to beat tests and get away with stuff. The hope is that you surprise the sophisticated ones. Thats how Balco happened. Lots of athletes were taking a drug that couldn't be detected by the current tests. A test was formulated and lots got caught.

Balco went down because someone chirped out of jealously.....not due to testing.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [gnorv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ever works

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the results of this morning's test aren't public by 3pm today, this forum's bulldog crusader is going to have an aneurism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DougRob wrote:

Lots of them. probably all of them.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard that the sample is being stored in a basement in a Tupperware container.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [gnorv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomato, potato ;-) That let them know that the drug was out there. Had they announced that they found a new drug and were developing a test they never would have caught anyone.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be VERY difficult to evade a random drug test. He may have doped in the past(never tested +) but I really dont think he is doping now. If he were busted doping everything he has built would crumble. He is not stupid. He is also a phenomenal athlete. Dude is going to win Galveston 70.3 and be top5 (possibly top 2) at Kona and he is going to do it on hard work and talent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DougRob wrote:

All of them. Macca tweeted the other day that he had had his second in as many days.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see the data, even if it is anonymous. Sticking with WTC Pros, how many are their? To test all of them once out of competition has got to be an enourmous cost. Collecting the sample takes at least 2 people. In most cases I doubt they can average more than 5 samples a week. So very optimistically thats 200 out of competition tests per year for 2 full time collectors plus lots of travel expenses.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Tex can chime in here, but he is not a top pro (yet) and he has been tested out of competition.

Mrs Tex is a top female, not quite Chrissie Wellington (yet!) has been tested also.

styrrell wrote:
I'd love to see the data, even if it is anonymous. Sticking with WTC Pros, how many are their? To test all of them once out of competition has got to be an enourmous cost. Collecting the sample takes at least 2 people. In most cases I doubt they can average more than 5 samples a week. So very optimistically thats 200 out of competition tests per year for 2 full time collectors plus lots of travel expenses.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
DougRob wrote:

All of them. Macca tweeted the other day that he had had his second in as many days.

John

One or both of which may have been administered by his countries national anti-doping agency. By attempting to make the Aussie Olympic team and racing ITU races he is subject to multiple doping jurisdictions.

According to that other thread there are 49 Individuals on the WTC out-of-competition list.
http://ironmanpromembership.com/...doping/testing-pool/

Out of 177 female and 296 male athletes.
http://ironmanpromembership.com/im-qualifying-2/kpr/
Last edited by: MattAune: Feb 29, 12 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:

John

Wow, they came for the "B" sample that quick? Macca better start getting his excuse together.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The WTC list is published somewhere on the Ironmanpromembership.com site.

I have only been tested for a 5th place at IMUK. Never OOC.

The Mrs. has been tested in and OOC, but is not on the list anymore.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really like the new name as I had the old one for quite a long time here. Certainly not as long as Brandon Marsh, but there's a guy who has XXXXXX-tex as his name who seems pretty angry to me, and I don't want to be confused with him. A lot of folks did't look down at the signature line to see who -Tex was. Plus, in the event that I 'might' have something worthwhile to say, I'd just as soon folks know who is saying it.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DougRob wrote:

50. The list of who is on WTC's testing pool is public knowledge - http://ironmanpromembership.com/...doping/testing-pool/

But many more triathletes than that are tested OOC. Virtually every ITU-focused athlete (who is any good, and some that aren't) would be registered with their country's NADA.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused. Those 50 athletes are the only ones that can be tested OOC? Doesn't that give a big heads up to any pro not on the list to stop doping before a competition?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [gpdtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gpdtx wrote:
It would be VERY difficult to evade a random drug test. He may have doped in the past(never tested +) but I really dont think he is doping now. If he were busted doping everything he has built would crumble. He is not stupid. He is also a phenomenal athlete. Dude is going to win Galveston 70.3 and be top5 (possibly top 2) at Kona and he is going to do it on hard work and talent.

im 100% w/u. i'm a lance fan 4 ev. ...i was just saying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
I'm confused. Those 50 athletes are the only ones that can be tested OOC? Doesn't that give a big heads up to any pro not on the list to stop doping before a competition?

Yes, Jordan provided the size of the OOC list in that other thread, and I was really surprised it was that small.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gives LA a doping control test [gpdtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Its not actually. The list of people who have admitted doping and beat tests is very long. The tests keep changing but the methods used in the past are:

Microdosing of drugs that help in tiny amounts but aren't detectable in such small amounts.
Designer drugs that are similar to those tested for but don't show up in testing
Blood doping with you own blood

Styrrell
Quote Reply

Prev Next