Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTC Wetsuit Rules
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitchers (JonnyO, BlakeB, Rappstar),

What is the WTC rule for wetsuits...age groupers and elites?

Can we get an official link or something to the WTC rules?

USAT is 78 for age groupers and 72 for elites.

Anyone?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: WTC Wetsuit Rules [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been to a WTC event where USAT rules were used -- Kansas IM 70.3 this year as an example. pros were non-wetsuit, while AGers were wetsuit.

not sure if this means that WTC uses USAT rules?

Kirk and Charity
IBB Cyclery & Multisport - Fitting and Custom Spec Build Experts
Brands: Argon 18 - Cervelo - Orbea -
Quintana Roo
- 3T - Enve - Rotor - ISM - Schwalbe - I9 - Speedplay - Lake - Infinit - Zipp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At Eagleman 70.3 they used the 72/78 rule and did not allow Pros to wear suits...Maybe they've simply fallen in line with USTA?

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

NOTE: these are PRO rules ... AG rule is 78 degrees

5. In events that have a separate pro/elite wave, wetsuits are permitted up to and including 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

6. In events that have a mass start (pro/elite and age-group together), wetsuits are permitted up to and including 78 degrees Fahrenheit.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: trifaster: Jun 24, 08 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B-

Word handed down at E-man meeting was typical WTC standard... 78 for the everyone.

Supposedly there was an overnight meeting in tarpon springs and by the time we arrived at transition the next morning it was stated that WTC pro rule is now 72.

I would assume that Mike and Marti will have to abide by that next weekend... I am assuming that is why you are asking?

L8rs,
MVA

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: WTC Wetsuit Rules [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marky V! Hey Buddy ...

There was no magical overnight meeting in Tarpon Springs mate ... that rule has been in place since last August 15th. NOW, whether it has been applied correctly at all events who knows ;)

I'll assume Jurgen H will be the head official in Lubbock this weekend and he undderstands that rule.

Last year we had some dis-content at the race here becasue of the 78 degree rule. Some of the fall out after that, I believe, help put the change into motion.

NOTE: Remember the rule is not a fixed 72 degrees for pros at WTC events ... it is 72 degrees for pros if there is a seperate pro/elite start ... if it is a mass start then EVEYBODY is at 78 degree cut off.

Hope that helps ...

Dave Latourette
Last edited by: trifaster: Jun 24, 08 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: WTC Wetsuit Rules [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Marky V! Hey Buddy ...

There was no magical overnight meeting in Tarpon Springs mate ... that rule has been in place since last August 15th. NOW, whether it has been applied correctly at all events who knows ;) Then the meeting must have been with Vigo and the USAT/WTC crew???

I'll assume Jurgen H will be the head official in Lubbock this weekend and he undderstands that rule. That race is NOTORIOUS for having wesuits be legally... uh... baked lobster anyone. sheesh.

Last year we had some dis-content at the race here becasue of the 78 degree rule. Some of the fall out after that, I believe, help put the change into motion. Good!!!!... no reason to be wearing a wetsuit at 73-78 degrees anyway... you COOK!!!!

NOTE: Remember the rule is not a fixed 72 degrees for pros at WTC events ... it is 72 degrees for pros if there is a seperate pro/elite start ... if it is a mass start then EVEYBODY is at 78 degree cut off. What events are mass starts now? NAS all has seperate starts, no?

Hope that helps ...

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Brandon,

It seems to change from race to race...??? Last year at IMWI it was 72 for pro's and 78 for AGers.

BB

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTC Wetsuit Rules [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark ...

My guess is there was some discontent with the ruling at Eagleman becasue guys/gals had been on both sides of the rulling and they had to make a couple phone calls.

I'm not sure what will happen at Lubbuck but unless they find a spot in that lake that measures 72 or less you guys will not be wearing suits ... my guess is Jurgen Heise will be the head down there and he is on top of the rule.

Not sure what events are mass starts ... it seems like everything in North America has at least a 15min head start for pros in the IM races AND the 70.3 races are all wave starts. (maybe the NA IM events are going the way of the 35min gap like we saw at IMCDA this weekend?)

Looks like it's good for you swimmin' folk ;)

BTW ... what I posted above initially is straight from the Pro Rules for WTC events.

Best ...

Dave Latourette
Last edited by: trifaster: Jun 25, 08 15:22
Quote Reply
Re: WTC Wetsuit Rules [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you posted is correct. 72 as long as there is a separate wave, 78 if everyone races together. Thanks.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply