Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah
Quote | Reply
Hi ST....is WKO5 worth the money or I have heard that GC is better? Can either really prescribe you individualized workouts? I am trying to decide if can or should really use it (I don't want to pay for a tool I won't use) so looking forward to your feedback.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used WKO5 and haven't used GC in a year or so.

WKO4 was better than GC, however people use GC because its free. I don't think they can prescribe workouts like Xert or Trainerroad can. They basically monitor your fitness.

If I were you I'd try GC, learn it and then when you're comfortable get the 14 day demo of WKO5; if you're new to all this that 14 days won't be enough. I'd also look into Stravastix which is a plugin for Strava that does the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO5 has a free 14 day trial. Download it and try it out to see if you think you will use it.

I don't have any experience with GC but WKO5 will not prescribe you workouts. So far, I like WKO5 way more than WKO4. I really struggled with WKO4 but I am actually liking WKO5 and I think its easier to use.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the difference between WKO and the premium subscription of TP?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I certainly don't know...I am hoping that some of ST community will chime in.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
WKO5 has a free 14 day trial. Download it and try it out to see if you think you will use it.

I don't have any experience with GC but WKO5 will not prescribe you workouts. So far, I like WKO5 way more than WKO4. I really struggled with WKO4 but I am actually liking WKO5 and I think its easier to use.

I've been using WKO4 from about the time it came out and just upgraded/paid for WKO5 yesterday. In WKO4 I referred to the Optimized Intervals chart and used it to some degree in forming or refining some PerfPro custom workouts in terms of intensity and duration. So not exactly like Xert, which I tried back when it first came out, but this chart can help to some degree in shaping one's workout. I'll admit that I am not a savvy user and don't utilize WKO4 as well as I could.

https://help.trainingpeaks.com/...ervals-report-in-WKO
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wonder, why the WKO4 users must pay a 120$ for an update?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO5 is a much more powerful analytical tool. It also gives you additional metrics that TP doesn't have (eg; mFTP, TTE, FRC, etc). Not to mention that TSS, CTL, ATL, TSB are all calculated differently in WKO than TP.

I'll say that if you don't have a power meter or you don't really use your pm to prescribe/do workouts, WKO isn't really for you. It's main functionality is cycling but multisport coming along.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...um-edition-and-wko5/

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [Evgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is about like almost everything these days. I would love to keep more money in my pocket that's for sure and I do feel for those that just bought WKO4 and now have to shell out another amount if they want the new version. But it is not uncommon and I've had the same thing happen to me several times with other applications. However, I realize TrainingPeaks still has salaries to pay.

We still have the option of not buying WKO5 and continue to use WKO4. They both function well as far as I am concerned for what I do. Both use a compatible file format and are using the same file folder. I can open one or the other and get the same information. I don't know enough about WKO5 yet to make other comments other than I like the display better. It seems to compile data faster for me.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Jul 18, 19 4:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
...... I don't know enough about WKO5 yet to make other comments other than I like the display better. It seems to compile data faster for me.

Hmm, two big pluses possibly. I find the WKO4 'look' complicated and also it's sluggish on my mid range Surface Pro4.

Were we supposed to have had an email from TP about it with some info/upgrade costings? I've not. Then again they just charged my premium TP annual subscription with no email before / receipt either, so that's not a big surprise.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO5 vs. Golden Cheetah [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put in a ticket on Tuesday and received a response with a discount code and was told that it appeared I had opted out on emails. However I saw there may have some issues getting emails out to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the opt-out sounds right. Should be an option to 'not receive the shit you know I don't want, but still please send the emails you know I would want. Stop being pointlessly literal'.
Quote Reply