Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

VisionTech Weight Limit
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

I have been checking out the various one piece aerobar systems, and saw that the vision tech has a weight limit of 200 lbs. I am wondering, is there anyone out there who weighs about 220 and is riding these things safely? In other words, is 200 he absolute limit or is there a little wiggle room?

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: VisionTech Weight Limit [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, there's wiggle room- just like you can loose a few tiles off the shuttle or have small dent in the wing. That isn't funny but it illustrates a point: The limits are there for a reason, please respect them. This equipment is optimized for ultra-high performance, it is racing gear. It isn't meant for everyday riding or everyone. Consumers want it so it is available, but there is a responsibility that comes with owning it. You may like to check out our new aerobar summary posted at www.bikesportmichigan.com called "Bar Wars"

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: VisionTech Weight Limit [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

You are preaching to the choir, here. I have spent quite some time working in the ER, as well as the rehab floor (my future specialty) and am WELL acquianted with the results of stupidity.

The reason I ask is that a bike shop I was browsing while back east was trying to sell me a set, saying something along the lines that the weight limit is an underestimate according to the company, and that they have put big guys on them, and there has't been a problem, etc ad nauseum. You get the idea.

I was just wondering if there really were a bunch of bigger people riding these things, or if in fact the guy was full of s**t. Personally, I'm waiting on the oval bars as I think they look a bit sturdier. I'm 6'4, 205-210 at race weight, so I am looking for something pretty stiff.

Phil

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply