Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA)
Quote | Reply
Vision has a new integrated aerobar and extension. Looks pretty good, especially at $800 with extensions included.

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/.../aerobars/metron-tfa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_imcwjfYI

Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Jul 9, 18 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks really good thanks for the share!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see it's 3:1 UCI compliant. Seems weird if it's truly a new bar. Is that 3:1 shape still a rule?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they just didn’t have that strange grey-ish weave on it it would be super great.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Is that 3:1 shape still a rule?

Yes, applies to everything other than the frame (which can be 3.2:1)
UCI have no intention of lifting it for the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unless they fixed the ridiculously-easy-to-strip-2mm-bolts that control the extension fore-aft adjustment, I wouldn't go near them. On the flip side, the adjustability of the pads looks nice...
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
unless they fixed the ridiculously-easy-to-strip-2mm-bolts that control the extension fore-aft adjustment, I wouldn't go near them.

They have these cool things called torque wrenches nowadays. Just sayin'...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems very well thought out.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torque wrench or no, the heads of those things strip if you look at them funny. It's a known flaw that vision warrantied out for me, but a hassle nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this bar yesterday and thought it looked attractive especially for the price. I'm at a toss up between the Alpha X and now this bar. I wonder how the stem will integrate with the Felt IA 10 frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that looks pretty sweet and the price point is excellent

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the support Brian! We worked hard on this design and are pretty proud of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
unless they fixed the ridiculously-easy-to-strip-2mm-bolts that control the extension fore-aft adjustment, I wouldn't go near them. On the flip side, the adjustability of the pads looks nice...

Thanks for the feedback. Vision's new Metron bar system uses only M5 clamping bolts for the extensions. We appreciate your support! Happy riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Vision-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision-USA wrote:
Vision's new Metron bar system uses only M5 clamping bolts for the extensions. We appreciate your support! Happy riding.

Good on ya then. With that and the new cups, this looks like a great option.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Vision-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bar. I really like that you can rotate the pads inward. Just a couple of friendly suggestions for future products:
  • Please make the grip extensions on the base bar longer. Profile Design finally got this right with their Aeria Ultimate. People with larger hands (such as myself) really have a hard time getting a grip on the base bar.
  • Something I'm encouraging all manufacturers to move towards are Torx bolts. It's just a better interface IMO.

Side question about another product: do you guys have any intention of making your tri spoke wheel in a disc brake configuration? IMO, tri spokes will be one of the better wheel choices for disc brake TT bikes as the move from 18 to 24 spokes for disc brakes results in a non-trivial increase in aerodynamic drag.

edit: one more question. Any intention to offer your NS modular aero crankset with 1x chainrings? Or will standard 130/110 chainrings work with it? Thanks.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jul 24, 18 12:06
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Nice looking bar. I really like that you can rotate the pads inward. Just a couple of friendly suggestions for future products:
  • Please make the grip extensions on the base bar longer. Profile Design finally got this right with their Aeria Ultimate. People with larger hands (such as myself) really have a hard time getting a grip on the base bar.
  • Something I'm encouraging all manufacturers to move towards are Torx bolts. It's just a better interface IMO.

Side question about another product: do you guys have any intention of making your tri spoke wheel in a disc brake configuration? IMO, tri spokes will be one of the better wheel choices for disc brake TT bikes as the move from 18 to 24 spokes for disc brakes results in a non-trivial increase in aerodynamic drag.

edit: one more question. Any intention to offer your NS modular aero crankset with 1x chainrings? Or will standard 130/110 chainrings work with it? Thanks.

GreenPlease, we appreciate all your insight. Our design team has seen your suggestions and will take them into consideration for future creations. We are aware of the heavy focus to move in the direction of disc brakes in all road disciplines. For the 2019 line-up, Vision has updated the 3-spoke wheel for improved aerodynamics, as well as offering a clincher and tubular disc brake option. As for the new aero modular crankset, we've got you covered on that too! You may simply remove the spider and fairing and install the direct mount MegaTooth 1X ring of your choice. Thanks for paying such close attention to our up and coming products.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Miprzybelski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How will this fit on an IA-10?

Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
How will this fit on an IA-10?

TizzleDK and Miprzybelski, good question! From what we can tell on the AI-10 frame, the standard 1 1/8" steer tube and the interface for the new Metron bar appear to be compatible. Happy building!
Last edited by: Vision-USA: Jul 25, 18 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will this be available to purchase in online store?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the video of the new aerobars. The one missing component seems to be the ability to move the elbows closer together. It would be great if you could add an adapter plate so that the pads could be moved close enough to touch. Narrow is aero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard... and also good work - congrats!

Does ist have a hole/stop for a center-pull brake (aka TriRig)? And what is the width of the basebar?

Further question - just so that we all have a good laugh - can we hide the damned Blipbox in there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would this be a worthy option for me to finally upgrade the crummy stock 3T Aura Pro on my 2012 Cervelo P2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We love to see all the interest! Our 'Snakebite' Metron Aero bar will be available in the US starting November. Come see us at Reno Interbike, or Kona IronMan to try out the different positions and learn more about all it can do. Please see adjustability info below. It does not have a stop for center pull brakes. As for the Blip Box, we have not physically tried it, however the compartment that could house the blip box measures:
26mm Width
30mm Depth
50mm usable Length
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure if you can answer this but are you supplying the cockpit for the next Cannondale Slice and will that cockpit have adjustable tilt?
Quote Reply

Prev Next