Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products)
Quote | Reply
Just noticed that Vision has launched a list of accessories for more cockpit options, and many of them supplement / add more options to their TFE Pro Extensions (Note: Realized they were in the 2021 product catalog launched back in November, but just saw these)

Still hope they release a mount for the TFA / Trimax SI013 which allows clean mounting of the one-piece extensions without having the holes for regular 22.2 extensions

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/type/aerobars/aerobars/triathlon-time-trial/metron-tfe-pro

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ed-extensions-j-bend

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ads-speed-extensions

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...220593984.1614928255

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...013-one-piece-bridge

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ialized-shiv-adaptor

J-Bend Extensions that clearly say Reversible
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...reversible-extension

Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Mar 12, 21 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Kevin from Vision here.

The TFE extensions include a bridge for the TFA/Si013 with out the standard extension mounts. It is the bridge attached to the extensions in the first picture of your post.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, brilliant. I think at some point I actually knew that and then completely forgot it.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the J-bend extensions and they are super nice. I wish the pads you posted above were on their webstore, I would have picked them up too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA,

Do you have any information on

1) how the one piece extention pads impact fit coordinates. To replicate my fit, i need to hit +100 from frame to back of pad

2) the TFA snake bike one piece bar stem mentions it can fit a DI2 junction box, but from all the images I have seen online, that seems quite unlikely, do you have any information on that?

3) Based on on the TFE measure guide. It has a n arrow that shows from wrist to elbow, but text that says "40mm space is required at the elbow joint". It seems confusing to me. can you clarify if it's saying a. I should measure from wrist to elbow and expect 40mm of overhang, or is it saying, i should measure from wrist to elbow, then subtract 40mm?

Thanks for any information that you can pass along.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Mar 12, 21 2:31
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

The one piece bridge will have the same fit as the current TFA/Si013 bridge so you can replicate your current fit. The Di2 junction box is a tight fit but it is possible to install it in the bar. I recommend running your brakes first and allowing the junction box to sit on top of the brake hose/housing. To measure for the TFE the rider should take their arm length and subtract 30-40mm. Whatever that number is then match it with the actual "hand to end of pad dimension"...whatever comes closest is likely the best length. The 30-40mm recommendation is for people to not be loading weight on the humerus/ulna bones.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I can also be contacted at Kevin@fullspeedahead.com

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

For measurement, to clarify. I am looking at

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...d4ae50cdca150e29607/

The measurement A shows from wrist to end of elbow. I measure 275 based on that. Subtract 30-40mm and I think I should be S

However, what gives me doubt is that the picture below for TFE pro shows 265 / 285 for S/M from pad to front of the extension (which would be where my pinkie wraps around the extension). If those measurements are right, then medium looks like it would be just 30-40mm in front of my elbow, since my palm would take up that 30-40mm.

Sorry, I might quite familiar with arm length measurements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

The TFE and TFE pro are different fits so I would not compare the two fit charts for sizing. I would recommend only looking at the fit chart for the TFE.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using the TFE pros the last few weeks and they’re fantastic. They keep your wrist in a neutral position that’s really comfortable. The included one piece bridge is also nicer/sturdier than the stock setup on the SI013.

Figuring out sizing was a little tough, even with the guide. I tried the medium for about a week and ended up having to order the large. I suggest holding a sharpie in your fist and relaxing your wrist (the marker’s bottom should angle back towards your elbow). Measure the distance from the inside edge of the marker to the spot on your forearm where you want the back of the extension to end.

If ordering direct from FSAproshop, I’d suggest adding the CPC arm pads. They’re different different than the pads that come with the extensions and are worth the $2 to see which you prefer.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [DangKoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information. Super helpful. With the lack of racing, I figured it's a good time to spend time on tech (and lucky enough to be able to afford to do so).

Were you able to change the extensions when you went from M to L?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if those bars are mechanical compatible?

Also, is there a diagram for the mounting? The website says underside bolt assembly but the pictures look like they attack more like normal armrest cups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The extensions bolt on like normal armrest cups. The bridge (which has the mounting area for the extensions) attaches to risers/tilt assembly, which attaches to the SI013 or Metron base bar via underside bolt assembly.

I have Di2, so I can't speak to mechanical shifting. The angle between the forearm portion of the extension and the hand rest is pretty tight, but I imagine you could make it work.

Changing between extension sizes was no different than changing between any other armrest cups. Two bolts and you're done.

The "service parts" pdf on the product page breaks down all the parts and assembly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Ordered the TFE Pros to upgrade my Metron TFA bar, but wasn't really pleased with them.

Basically I measured 30cm distance fron elbow to the wrist, so I tried the L size.

Based on your sizing chart it fits quite well, but I can't undetstand your recommendation regarding elbow clearance. For me it was the exclusion criterion, getting no support in the elbow area.

An additional question from my side. What is this Bridge Cover for?
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ron-tfa-bridge-cover

Best regards
Jan
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Janlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jan,

The bridge cover is for the 1st generation TFA bridge to cover all of the hardware.

Sorry to hear the TFE was not a great fit for you. Our chart is just a recommendation and does not work with every rider.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Kevin,

Thanks fro your response.

Regarding the TFE, it was quite ok, but for a product in this price range, it must suit me perfectly.
Would be nice to see a XL version in the future...

As the cover is only a cover for the old bridge, I think I will go with the new one-piece bridge, as is seems lighter and more rigid to me.
I hope you can confirm my thoughts.

Jan
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Janlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jan,

The first generation bridge that uses the cover is the three piece bridge with multiple bolts. The one piece bridge is the 2nd generation and should not be used with the cover. As it has no bolt holes the cover would serve no purpose. The one piece bridge does have more material under the arm rest plate mounts that will give it a stiffer feel. I do not have weight on the first generation bridge pieces so I can not confirm weight.

The TFE is a new product and it is possible we will adjust the size range in the future.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Peter Ghimme [ In reply to ]
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Peter,

At this time we do not have a computer mount for the TFE. Something is in the works but I do have an estimate time it will be available.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would either try the bridge or the round hand grip, at the base
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the bolt spacing on the TFE?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bolt spacing are you looking for? The TFE does not fit directly to spacers and is made to bolt to the bridge/arm rest plate of the TFA or Si013. If you let me know what bike you are looking to put them on I can let you know if we have an adapter available.
Last edited by: Kevin@VisionUSA: Apr 30, 21 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is any adaptor available for this to for the Giant Trinity? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Aseldi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We do not have an adapter for Giant at this time.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fore-aft spacing in the arc cups that mount TFE to the bar or adapter. If it can mount to the flat surface of an adapter, why can't it mount to a flat surface of other bars or wedges, as long as spacing is the same?

I am meaning to work the other way around. Getting a base bar that has the same spacing and mounting it directly to the bar for minimum stack. I was thinking something like 3T Vola, 3T Brezza, Si013 (without the angle adjusting spacer underneath), TriRig Alpha Classic, USE R1, Enve SES. The Enve, Brezza, and USE especially have nice flat mounting surfaces.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TFE will need to be attached to an arm rest plate. It can not mount directly to a base bar. You would need to use the TFE bridge and angle adjustment bracket as the bridge is made to fit into the bracket. Our bolt spacing for our spacers is not the the same as 3T or any other brand and will not be compatible. Our spacers are also a different shape. C to C on our spacers would be 38mm. I am not aware of another brand base bar that has that spacing. We do make great bars like the Si013 or TFA that would be made to fit the TFE extensions. No work around needed. Please contact me at Kevin@fullspeedahead.com if you have any other questions.
Quote Reply

Prev Next