Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Virtual Slot Allocation
Quote | Reply
How does it work for WC slot allocations and more specifically, roll down?
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if an AG has 3 slots, those will be offered online via e-mail to the first three finishers. If any of them pass, it will roll to 4th and that person will be contacted and so on. At Tempe 70.3 registration yesterday they asked if you want to be considered for a slot. I figure just an effort to weed out anyone who is not interested before hnd.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 18, 20 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Also, congrats on your 50-54 age group win! Really nice bike split.

See you at worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Thanks!

Also, congrats on your 50-54 age group win! Really nice bike split.

See you at worlds.

Thanks, see you there!

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know how many slots are available for each AG before you leave the race venue or do you just wait for an email?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard from the volunteer captain that the question didn't work like they were hoping since volunteers weren't asking and marking it correctly so email should go to those top finishers regardless of answer. And then roll down as needed.

Seems like in a virtual world they will need to be a bit more open with the process but who knows in these crazy times!

Great race by the way!
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [xarope8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xarope8 wrote:
Heard from the volunteer captain that the question didn't work like they were hoping since volunteers weren't asking and marking it correctly so email should go to those top finishers regardless of answer. And then roll down as needed.

Seems like in a virtual world they will need to be a bit more open with the process but who knows in these crazy times!

Great race by the way!

Thank you! Just got the e-mail slot allocation will begin today.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona Athlete,

​The slot allocation process for IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona will start today.

​
Athletes who earned an automatic slot will receive an email with a link from ACTIVE to register for the 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, St. George, Utah on September 17 and 18. Athletes will have 48 hours to redeem their registration link. If an athlete does not accept the slot within 48 hours, it will roll down to the next eligible finisher within the age group.

​

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to qualifier70.3@ironman.com

Once all IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship slots have been allocated, we will send another email informing everyone that slot allocation has concluded for this event.

​

Thank you!

Your IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona Team

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email roll down. I just received this.

Congratulations! You are now ready to finalize your registration for the 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship in St. George, Utah, USA on September 17-18, 2021. Please note, your registration has not yet been completed. In order to complete your registration please use the link at the bottom of this email to access your registration form and complete your entry. At this time, you are now subject to the withdrawal policy for this event: Withdrawal requests must be received in writing via e-mail to worldchampionship70.3@ironman.com. Without exception, all requests must be received on or before August 3, 2021 to be eligible for a partial refund of $75.00 USD. Transfers and deferments are NOT permitted. Registration materials (including bib, timing chip, and wristbands) can ONLY be picked up during published Athlete Check-In hours. Check-in hours will be published on the event website and in the 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Athlete Guide. Athletes must be present to pick up their registration packet. If you have any issues, or difficulty registering please contact worldchampionship70.3@ironman.com. We look forward to seeing you in St. George! Thank you, Your 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Team
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet, excellent job. what is your AG and was this a roll down or did you finish inside the allocated slots?
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [xarope8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xarope8 wrote:
Sweet, excellent job. what is your AG and was this a roll down or did you finish inside the allocated slots?

It was a long long down from Cairns 70.3. I think in my age group almost half of the finishers got an initial allocation due to the small field size. I did quite poorly on the day due to the heat.

We still have strict border closures in place here in Australia so I don't think too many people would take the risk registering for a race in the USA for next year. Perhaps if it had been Taupo they would have been snapped up.

Interestingly at race checkin everyone was asked whether they wanted to be included in the rolldown. I actually said no but still got the email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the 48 hour rule. That should be plenty of time for anyone to make up their mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine. I was 1st in M50-54. A friend who was 4th in 35-39 also got one right off the bat.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell your friend that STG is an awful place to visit and race, 🤪 and he should let it roll! Haha looks like the process is working well so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see they ironed this out. In Cozumel no instructions were given and they just started firing off emails with slots with some people not expecting them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race and congrats on your slot. I was curious if they announced how many official slots were available and how many per age group were allocated. Usually at the in person slot allocation, they provide the list of slots for each age group. Thanks in advance for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [Tom Egan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At AZ 70.3, they never publicized the number of slots on the website or Athlete Guide. The official email contact told me there tentatively would be 60, but it wasn’t until the online race briefing they announced 60. Like all IM races, the allocation was based on the number of starters, and it wasn’t like they posted a sheet announcing that anywhere.

At races with 40 slots, my M45-49 typically gets four slots. Only five were given this time, despite the extra 20 slots in total. It may be that an older AG slot moved back to our group, if someone there passed.

I have no idea how much slots rolled. Next year is going to be crazy with all the postponements and busy calendar.

The 2021 70.3 WC may be the least competitive in years, with foreigners unable to attend, and a bunch of Americans that took deep rolldowns to Taupo being deferred into the race.

Not that it will deter many people, but it’s also the first 70.3 I have seen costing over $500. Yuck.
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Slot Allocation [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My slot came through 13 days after my last 70.3..6th in my age group (45-49) with a 4:45 total time....a bit of my PB but build up had not been idea.
Our race had 40 slots in total and a decent size field so I think most age groups would have had 1 slot only with a few of the larger age group fields getting maybe 2.
I accepted the slot but have no idea whether we will be able to travel to Utah next year, so a bit of a risk but YOLO.....
Quote Reply