Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wtf Vino beats Lance to Kona!!
Quote | Reply
There's a couple of blog posts - fake news?
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Aug 19, 18 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL....he is going to Kona Qual before Lance!

Better check for blood bags in the host hotel too. I am curious to see what his run ends up looking like....Vino4Ever!!!

Here he is at 70.3 Dubai

Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats just a 1x1x1 event though - how much can he bench?

seriously though, he might give Wurf some competition - kona record bike battle!
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't he DNF Dubai? How far did he get I wonder.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

I was at the team service course late June and he was definitely planning on doing it back then. He had just won his AG at 70.3 Astana.

A few of the staff members are registered.
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

I was at the team service course late June and he was definitely planning on doing it back then. He had just won his AG at 70.3 Astana.

A few of the staff members are registered.

Would anyone be so bold to beat him at 70.3 Astana? Or, did he agree to give someone $50k to not win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He should not be allowed to compete. Zero percent chance he is not doping. What AG is he in?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst part is that IM Copenhagen made him their poster boy. YUCK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno...Vinokourov....is probably still white hot with dope, and so far, a dozen or so posts in, and NO ONE has questioned anything about his participation in triathlon in this post, where <fill in the blank of any former doper that is now participating in triathlon> gets absolutely destroyed....LET LANCE RACE....LET LANCE RACE!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:
I dunno...Vinokourov....is probably still white hot with dope, and so far, a dozen or so posts in, and NO ONE has questioned anything about his participation in triathlon in this post, where <fill in the blank of any former doper that is now participating in triathlon> gets absolutely destroyed....LET LANCE RACE....LET LANCE RACE!

Did you see what I wrote in post number 2, "Better check for blood bags in the host hotel too"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:

Believe me when I say I’m no fan of doping but I’m pretty curious to see how fast a doped up Vino can do 180k...

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given that IM CPH posted about it on their FB page (and got a lot of angry comments). Do you think they dare to pick him out for testing if he finishes well?
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you familiar with the half-life of EPO? Dude could dope on the daily for last 7 months & piss clean race day. Just my .02

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two 'V's and three 'O's in his surname, but no smoking gun.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed I saw it, I took it as a "tongue in cheek" type comment, my bad. The vitriol with which some sanctioned dopers are treated here with sometimes astounds me, while this swim, bike and running pharmacy store of a human being doesn't seem to catch as much flak. I am surprised, that's all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:

Which thread are you reading? You are about the 4th or 5th in this thread to comment on his doping.

And yeah he shouldn't be allowed in triathlon because nobody dopes in triathlon. Cleanest sport ever...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The response from the ST Doping Police has been tepid, that's all. I want some unbridled outrage, damnit!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:
Indeed I saw it, I took it as a "tongue in cheek" type comment, my bad. The vitriol with which some sanctioned dopers are treated here with sometimes astounds me, while this swim, bike and running pharmacy store of a human being doesn't seem to catch as much flak. I am surprised, that's all.

I THINK Vino kinda gets off the hook because when he was busted, he just "sat out" made no apologies, made no fake "I never did it"...he just shut up and dissappeared for 2 years served his time. He comes back, probably doped to the gills and even takes the London Olympics gold, but he likely treated doping like 70.3 pro treat the draft pack at 70.3 World's riding on the edge of being busted to get to T2 with the least energy usage. . From his Khazak context he played within the informal "rules of engagement" of pro cycling just like greyline drafting 70.3 pros do. I THINK for him the way the system works is he is supposed to dope to the point of not getting caught, and he does not really even hide it. It's almost a "come and catch me" type of bank robber approach to robbing the bank. The diff between Vino and the rest is that he's not trying to claim he is a choir boy. He's basically saying he's there to rob the bank (steal the London Gold from under Queen Elizabeth's nose) and he's gonna do the max dope program that all the other guys will do and if you want to bust him then bust him in the mean time, he's doing it all.

I don't think we can understand his thinking with our western middle class white collar mind set. He's coming from a different hard nose Russian-Khazakh mind set where winning at whatever cost with whatever you can get away with is the RIGHT way to engage.

To some degree I respect (if we can call it that) Vino more than Brailsford and his crew. I don't really care that he's racing age group...I do care that IM Copenhagen used him in their marketing. I think that is over the top given how IM used Lance for their marketing until it all blew up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ya, that makes sense....I tend to agree with you on Vino's point of view. Actually, I'd think it would be refreshing to hear an endurance athlete, who's livelihood depends solely on results, stands up and says, "yup, I doped, BFD...ya know why? Because it works!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm, I seem to remember the Kazahks cut it to 1 year, some of which he'd 'Served', then he retired. then he came back!

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
LOL....he is going to Kona Qual before Lance!

Better check for blood bags in the host hotel too. I am curious to see what his run ends up looking like....Vino4Ever!!!

Here he is at 70.3 Dubai

Jalabert went first to kona. Jaja is the best.

We need to get Virenque and ullrich doing tri as well. They can have their own special age group category.
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaja is still going at it. He was in my AG at 70.3 WC last year and smoked me.
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch. What is jaja's bike split for IM and for IM70.3 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the 70.3WC in Chattanooga last September, he did 0:38 / 2:18 / 1:33, for a total of 4:37, which was good for 11th overall in M45-49. That's a respectable run time for that hilly course.

Not sure about his IMs. I only knew this one b/c he showed up in my AG results.
Quote Reply
Re: Vinokourov racing IM Copenhagen this weekend? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
At the 70.3WC in Chattanooga last September, he did 0:38 / 2:18 / 1:33, for a total of 4:37, which was good for 11th overall in M45-49. That's a respectable run time for that hilly course.

Not sure about his IMs. I only knew this one b/c he showed up in my AG results.

Just checked into the tracker and our man Vino is 8th overall and leading his age group. He swam 1:14 and biked 4:19 and is now running 4:33 per kilometer 16K into the run. Very respectable run pace for a 45-49 assuming he's not glowinig white hot on the team Astana nutrition program (which probably is a bad assumption). I wonder what Lance and Hincapie are talking about :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next