Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Vino TdF winner 2007?
Quote | Reply
If anyone still cares...Astana has been invited by the Tour Organisers this year...
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who else could it be? Astana have all the knowledge that you need to win the tour. :-)

Axel
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [Axel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who else could it be? Astana have all the knowledge that you need to win the tour. :-)

They also have Andreas Kloeden, who could still be named the winner of last year's Tour.

Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see Vino take it, however, let's not give it to the dude before they reach the Arch de Triomphe :-)

Go Vino
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and more importantly, Matthias Kessler, one of the best domestiques around...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Carlos Sastre Team CSC is a good candidate for the win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard they're going to disqualify all non-French riders the day before the start...they think this gives them a 25% chance of a French victory...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems about right with all the surrendering.

Still, the chances are higher than a Brit winning Wimbledon. :P
Last edited by: Francois: May 31, 07 10:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well they haven't made it to the starting line yet. The few days immediately preceeding the Tour are generally full of suprises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love Levi to win, not only is he a nice guy, but it would drive the French INSANE!

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still, the chances are higher than a Brit winning Wimbledon. :P

Just you wait, once our drug-testing lab is under new (french-style) management all you foreigners won't stand a chance :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [spirogeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Well they haven't made it to the starting line yet. The few days immediately preceeding the Tour are generally full of suprises."

True - does anyone actually believe someone like Vino is clean? - I love his riding style, but dope free? - I think not.

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Levi seems a nice guy. No way will he win though, he has too many bad days in the 3 week races. I'm not sure discovery will go in with him as their clearly designated GC guy either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well . . . maybe Chris Horner will have a break through year?
Last edited by: Bucky: May 31, 07 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While it would obviously be hilarious watching the French reactions if an American wins again it just isn't going to happen. I think Francois is probably right about Vino if he's on form and actually gets to race but it could be quite open again. Realistically, any of the Americans will do well to make the top 10.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nah Cyril Dessel is the man. You heard it here first.
Quote Reply
Re: Vino TdF winner 2007? [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's the team doctor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hilarious scenarios I'm rooting for:
  • Yet another American winning
  • An Aussie winning (they're the closest thing to an American)
  • A Frenchman winning heroically and then testing positive for a banned substance
  • Greg LeMond coming out of retirement and winning
  • A sprinter winning the GC
  • Racing with a black mask with a white X over it and going by the name of Racer X, a mysterious rider wins it all. Who is he? Is it Lance Armstrong? Is it Floyd Landis? Is it one of the riders excluded due to Operation Puerto? Is it Tyler's evil twin?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danged if I know. Didn't the French federation install the most stringest set of rules several years ago? So I say Dessel for Yellow and Remi de Gregorio (sp?) for the mountain jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice list :)

Do the French hate Australians? Francois must have some real internal conflicts if that's the case...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! Really strict rules...which means, how the hell would a French team win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't someone say all other countries are now banned? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is surrendering still allowed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"A Frenchman winning heroically and then testing positive for a banned substance"

Yes, changed my mind about Levi. I'd now like him to come in second to a French rider and have the French rider test positive.

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply

Prev Next