Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you...
Quote | Reply
What are you wearing for the swim? Wetsuit, swimskin or nothing....

What are wheels on the bike, disc rear or regular deep section aero wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water will be warm with recent heatwave. Im planning on swim skin. Bike course is relatively flat so a disc would be the choice.

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
disc is fine.
Wetsuit will be decided on morning of race.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
disc is fine.
Wetsuit will be decided on morning of race.

What is your decider on the wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are allowed, I wear it. I know some people over heat. I use De Soto speed tube rather than bibs.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:

I am going with nothing...free bird is that fastest! I will be honest, there is not much drag for me personally.

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as wetsuits go, what is the dropoff in pace/100y in a farmer john wetsuit from a full wetsuit? I might borrow the former from a friend if it's a negligible deficit.

edit: typo

—Mr. Hand
Last edited by: scofflaw: Jul 6, 13 17:52
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
As far as wetsuits go, what is the dropoff in pace/100y in a farmer john wetsuit from a full wetsuit? I might borrow the former from a friend if it's a negligible deficit.

edit: typo

just found this from 06 but there's nothing better than the anecdotal within so anything recent is appreciated.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [tridiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridiego wrote:
125mph wrote:

I am going with nothing...free bird is that fastest! I will be honest, there is not much drag for me personally.

You squeeze you junk between your thighs huh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
tridiego wrote:
125mph wrote:

You squeeze you junk between your thighs huh.

hahaha

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys ... some facts from here in Sonoma County and details on the swim

Water: 3 days ago it was 80 degrees ... this morning it was just below 72
* Water temp can have large flux based on weather and any extra releases of water from upstream lakes ... it will likely be 70 tomorrow morning
--- If we have cooler days w/ marine layer coming over night in the days leading up to the race the water temp will stay down ... remember the water is always moving and fresh water continues to flow. IF we have another hot stretch w/ no marine layer and not cooling down over night the temps stay higher BUT still drop 3-5 degrees every night

Wheels & Course ... this comes up every year BUT ride the most aero stuff you can handle ... wind for the 70.3 tends to be a non - issue (not the case for Full Vineman) ... "flat" is a relative word so it will

Right now the forecast for the coming week is slightly below normal temps (low 80's) with a warming trend beginning Saturday ... that said two days ago the forecast was very different so it's likely to change now. We go in cycles here SO cool now means an inevitable warm up to above normal temps. BTW ... if you are looking at weather forecasts use the town of Windsor, it is warmer there than if you compare to Santa Rosa

Best of Luck to Everyone!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 70.3, 2013 participants.. what are you... [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks Dave.