Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very good Quarq news! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the update and it was easy and went well. No low battery message anymore :-)

I wonder if Quarq is planning a 155mm crank and I would like to know why it is tied to the crank arm length. I mean, it would be nice to come up with a system where you can change the crank arm length without sending back for calibration (how a competitor does nowdays...).
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My quarq is a red with 172,5 crank arm.
Can i change it to a 170 and just calibrate with Qalvin?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it isn't just you. I tried the 2 battery method and the battery to the side method, nothing. I am still reading 70-100 watts than before I upgraded the new firmware.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
No it isn't just you. I tried the 2 battery method and the battery to the side method, nothing. I am still reading 70-100 watts than before I upgraded the new firmware.

Barry, 70W is 1/3 of 210 W, and 100W is 1/3 of 300W. These seem like the ranges of wattage you would ride in. I wonder if the accelerometer is failing to deliver its position over 120 degrees of samples out of the 360 degree circle. Is your cadence also showing around 1/3 lower than what it is or just power. If the cadence is correct, then my hunch is wrong. If the cadence is 1/3 down, then maybe there is a link. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev: Actually the cadence appears to be okay, but the speed is indicating 8 km/h when it should be around 30-39.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
Hi Dev: Actually the cadence appears to be okay, but the speed is indicating 8 km/h when it should be around 30-39.

That is weird. Wheel speed should have nothing to do with the powermeter. Cadence and power readings would be linked though.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparantly this thing displays speed power and cadence. I don't know how but you don't need any magnets on a bike. I am going to try the sequence where you have to put at least 45 lbs on one crank at a time in the quarter hour position. I may have screwed that up on set up.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
Apparantly this thing displays speed power and cadence

what model Quarq and head unit are you using ?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone who has done the upgrade send me before and after files (that is, with magnet-and-reed switch cadence and then accelerometer cadence)?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Barry,

I have just sent you an email through our Thinkfast account. Please call us to troubleshoot this if you are able to at 800-660-6853. It would also be very helpful if you could send a ride file showing what you are seeing.
The Quarq calculates cadence and power. Speed will not have anything to do with the power reading. I feel that this may be a display issue with the head unit rather than what the Quarq is reporting. If this is the case, the ride file should be correct.

Rob
Quarq Tech Service

Quarq Tech Service
ThinkFast@Quarq.com
800-660-6853
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Rob@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got off the phone with Rob. He guided me through a series of checks. I just went for a short ride and everything is performing 100%!!! As it usually it was 300% operator error (me). Thank you again Rob, you seem to keep bailing me out of situations I keep getting myself in. Much appreciated!

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terra-Man wrote:
Have you or anyone successfully updated and removed the magnet? Work ok? I'm updated and considering doing so before IMKY this weekend...the last thing I need is a magnet coming loose

Mine is working better since removing magnet and upgrading firmware. I was getting some drops which were all apparently magnet related.

All good now.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey guys

why exactly are you shorting the board?

I had similar issues suddenly where my red light in my riken wouldn't turn off and detect the PM

I then looked it up and used the battery to touch prong and side of case and changed battery (only 6 month old not that much use) and it worked.. 2 days later I rod again couldn't detect and reshorted it and it magically worked again. I am still trying update the firmware. I am currently using the BB mount on my quarq so is there any advantage to rushing to get this upgrade done?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Rob@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob and the folks at Quarq were great helping me sort out an issue with my firmware 23 upgrade. They spent a lot of time on the phone troubleshooting and when nothing else could be done eventually had me send the crank in. I had the Quarq back on my bike within 5 days and it appears to be working fine now. Thanks for the excellent customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an update - after seeing some really funny drifts in the calibration value within a single ride w/o any significant changes I called up Quarq again and they had me send it in.

Good news - they are sending me a new PM attached to original crank.

Bad news - it's because the Elsa 10R I sent back in "failed initial bench testing". So perhaps I wasn't crazy after all and the powers were wrong vs relationship to HR monitor and perceived exertion.

My biggest frustration is that, while the Elsa is easier to live with day to day than the Garmin Vectors, this is the 2nd Elsa 10R I've sent back to Quarq for replacement in 2 years!

Great customer service and the guys are always helpful, but the product I am not impressed with. I know most of you have not experienced this, but it's frustrating none the less, especially when you decide to drop out of a race because you're not sure if it's a PM hardware/software issue or some actual physiological issue with your heart / legs!

Argh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowshortround wrote:
especially when you decide to drop out of a race because you're not sure if it's a PM hardware/software issue or some actual physiological issue with your heart / legs!

Argh.

Dropping out of races due to errant power numbers was a rampant issue in the decades of cycling prior to power meters being available.... I for one welcome our new Quarq overlords.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [JMatroni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello JMatroni,

Have you been able to get things sorted out with your firmware update? If all is good on the update side of things, fantastic! If not please get in touch with us.

I also wanted to ask if your continuing to have issue with the solid LED light. There are certain situations where the power meter will go into that mode, it kind of locks up, but it's not something that you should be regularly dealing with.

If you need to get in touch with us please do.

Cheers,
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Alex@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I moved closer to signal despite my computer reading full signal snd it worked instantly
Quote Reply

Prev Next