Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Rob@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob:

I just downloaded the mac edition and used my garmin ANT+ stick.. Cant make it upgrade from firmware 19 til 23..
I says "no bootloader available. This powermeter cannont be updated".
I have a Riken, which i shoud be able to update right?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Auchenberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please email us at thinkfast@quarq.com or call at 800-660-6853 to troubleshoot this in the proper channels.
While doing this, let's make sure you are using an ANT+ USB 2 stick rather than the older USB 1 stick and have a decent internet connection.

Rob
Quarq Tech Support

Quarq Tech Service
ThinkFast@Quarq.com
800-660-6853
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob@Quarq wrote:
Please email us at thinkfast@quarq.com or call at 800-660-6853 to troubleshoot this in the proper channels.
While doing this, let's make sure you are using an ANT+ USB 2 stick rather than the older USB 1 stick and have a decent internet connection.

Rob
Quarq Tech Support

thank you.. i will do that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michael, I just finished dealing with Rob myself. Very knowledgeable, friendly and he will set you up. Great customer services.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [ddsg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddsg wrote:
BrianB wrote:
Maineiac wrote:

Yes, when the glue that holds the magnet to the ring fails and the magnet attaches to your chain and jams in your rear derailleur cage so hard that it requires pliers for removal, you will wish you did this (happened to me a few weeks ago)... plus a few grams of weight savings and some immeasurably small aero benefit.

ha ... a couple weeks ago I dropped my chain, and it managed to knock the magnet loose. I thought it was gone, but somehow it ended up lodged in the cassette, between 2 cogs. I could not figure out WTF was making the chain jump. You would not believe how hard it was to get it out of the cassette.

You're lucky that's all that happened. Mine ran into the rear derailleur and shattered the derailleur cage into pieces.

I got lucky a few weeks ago...my magent fell off but I didn't realize it (was still getting power) a week later I was looking at something and noticed it was sitting on the bottom brack cup close enough to the spider that it kept working.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
BryanD wrote:
While I agree it is rather useless, I was just wondering if they were ever going to do it

What would be the point then? A "me too" marketing statement? Meh...

Well, they already have that by parsing and transmitting the data the way they do, so no point in doing any more IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vjohn wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
BryanD wrote:
While I agree it is rather useless, I was just wondering if they were ever going to do it

What would be the point then? A "me too" marketing statement? Meh...

Well, they already have that by parsing and transmitting the data the way they do, so no point in doing any more IMHO.

Do you mean the L/R thing? Yeah...I thought that from the beginning. But, I did think it was humorous that the "messages" were added into the ANT+ standard by Garmin in prep for the Vector release, and then Quarq beat them to using it ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob@Quarq wrote:

Rob
Quarq Tech Support

Rob: Thanks for you very much for your quck assistance.. Was solved very quickly by mail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Rob. I know the zero offset value should change after installing the new firmware but I've notified the power readings on my Garmin 910xt seem to be abnormally low. And upon checking the zero offset again mid rife multiple times the values keep changing around 20-30 points without me making any significant changes to altitude, weather, etc.

Has anyone else raised this? Based upon perceived exertion, reported power and HR something seems wrong.

Thx.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob thank you again for the help on the phone just now.

We 'shorted' the PM using the two penny method and I'll keep an eye out to see if the values move significantly again during a ride and let you all know.

Thanks for the time, patience, and help. Great service as always.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did yesterday, using Mac, now my Red is 2.3 version. Thanks a lot guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob, earlier I saw Quarq was offering a discount for upgrading from earlier Quarq's to the new ones. Is such an upgrade discount still available?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FIRMWARE RELEASE HISTORYVERSION 23AUGUST 13, 2014
  • Activates accelerometer cadence in all power meters with an LED and CR2032 battery. Accelerometer cadence will switch on automatically when a magnet is not present.

Does this mean that I can now use my Quarq Elsa without magnet glued on the frame?

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only there was a thread (that you just posted in) that discussed this....
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [frankis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am having the same issue that you experienced. Low power readings compared to my Computrainer, when before the upgrade they compared virtually the same. Can you explain the "two penny method"? I am worried this may fry something in my PM, should I be? Thank you.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having the same issue too...

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
I am having the same issue that you experienced. Low power readings compared to my Computrainer, when before the upgrade they compared virtually the same. Can you explain the "two penny method"? I am worried this may fry something in my PM, should I be? Thank you.

The two penny method just creates a short and the PMs memory is flushed. Don't worry about frying.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [glauberlima] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for records... Yesterday i removed the magnet and it's everything (cadence/potency) working. Thanks Quarq!
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how did you do the two penny method?

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take out the battery, replace by two stacked pennies and close the lid. It creates a short between the lid cover and the little prongs below the battery. Leave the pennies in for about 10-20sec.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did that actually resolve anything? Because I still think power is shy by about 20-30 watts now vs before. Still seems like z4 heartrate creating z2 power for me, personally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to have worked for me. I am now within 2 watts of my computrainer. I was about 40 watts off before.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks - guess it's just me then! *sigh*

Was kind of hoping otherwise. But still odd.
Quote Reply

Prev Next